Chapter Four

All rights go to the wonderful Shannon Messenger.

"I will NOT train That Boy!" Grady exclaimed, feeding Verdi some swizzlespice."Please, Grady, please," begged Sophie.

"I am not going to train That Boy and that's final," Grady said, patting Verdi on the head. Then he started walking back to the house.

"What if I told Edaline that you are refusing to train Keefe?" Sophie gasped dramatically, "What if I told the Councillors?"

"Fiiiiiine. You win. But so help me if That Boy hurts you, he won 't get any lessons from me," Grady said, chuckling when Sophie hugged him.

"You remind me so much of Jolie," Grady whispered. He wiped a tear from his eye.

"Grady! Sophie! Mallowmelt!" called Edaline from the house.

"C'mon , let 's go in before Edaline eats all of it herself," Grady said, wiping another tear from his eye. Sophie grabbed his hand and they both walked back to the house.

"Oh , Edaline, that was so good. May I be excused so I can tell Keefe the news?" Sophie asked, licking a crumb from her finger.

"Just clear your plate," Edaline said, pulling a strand of hair out of Sophie 's face. Sophie galloped the stairs to her room.

"She 's in love with That Boy , isn't she ?" Grady asked, swallowing a piece of mallowmelt.

"Yes, she is," Edaline agreed,"and the sad thing is, Sophie doesn't know it."

"Show me Keefe Sencen," Sophie said to her Imparter once she found it.

"Hey, Foster, what 's up?" asked a familiar face.

"So, you know Grady's a Mesmer, right ?"

"Uh huh. Where are you going with this, Foster?"

"Well, I asked him about teaching you and he said yes!" Sophie said, smiling when Keefe's face lit up.

"Doesn't Grady sorta hate me?" Keefe asked, his face falling.

"Well he doesn't hate you as much as he used to," Sophie said, trying to optimistic.

"Very reassuring, Foster. Very," Keefe said with his signature smirk.

"It's not that bad," Sophie said trying not to grin.

"Ya think? What is That Boy doing here? What did That Boy do now?" Keefe said, doing a spot down imitation of Grady. Sophie couldn't help but laugh.

"Just come to Havensfield tomorrow. And be on time for once in your life, Keefe. Grady hates people being late," Sophie said, still grinning from Keefe's imitation.

"Sounds fun, see ya, Foster," Keefe said,"Oh, Foster...um... never mind, bye!"

"Night, Keefe,"Sophie said as the screen went dark.

"What was Keefe going to say?"Sophie thought to herself as she got ready for bed,"Keefe has changed since the day I met him,"

He really had. Keefe was taller, his hair was messier, his shoulders broader. Sophie felt her face get warm.

She didn't like Keefe Sencen, did she?