Can You Hear My Heart?

"Bro,you are late again!!"Koji,my bestfriend groaned as he sipped down his glass of beer.

It was the weekend and weekends meant partying.I walked leisurely towards the dining table with my constant killer-smile aboard.Girls swooned over me and I sat beside Botan whilst internally rolling my eyes at them.

"Your popularity hasn't died yet."I saw Koji throw me a lazy smirk.He looked oddly pleased as his pupils dilated in haze."How are we supposed to survive with you here?"

I smirked,well-aware of the fact the effect I had on girls.Crossing my legs,I glanced across and saw the living room buzzing with music.One of my friends hosted the party in my house since our finals just got over.I sighed as I brushed off the 18th girl that tried to get her way with me.Sure I was your typical handsome bad guy,but I wasn't the romance type.Neither was I someone who believed in love nor did I favour in viewing women as objects.I wasn't that heartless and one night stands were something I despised with a passion.Though I was known for my ruthlessness,I had Koji and Bota who were like brothers to me.They'd be there for me at the beck of a call and I wouldn't hesitate to stain my hands if someone posed a threat to them.

The party was on the full swing and my eyes stopped at a girl who looked lost.She had those gray eyes that had knocked down my senses.My eyes travelled down her frame and I smirked when I saw her in a black gown that ended just above her knees.

I don't remember her seeing at the University.Maybe,she was new here.
Nodding at my own assumption,I looked at her more closely.Her make-up wasn't really heavy and it took me just a glance to realise that she doesn't know what a beauty she is.

I found myself standing and walking towards her when her eyes snapped up to meet mine.I slowed my pace when I saw her look at me,her facets turning into that of fury as she took quick strides towards me.She stopped short..,her eyes begging...regretting and pained for something I had no idea of.

Then,she flung her arm across and touched my cheek harshly.

It seemed as if the time had stopped as I stumbled a bit backwards,not clearly expecting that.I couldn't make sense of my surroundings and the only thing that rang in my mind was the sound that her hands made when they came in contact with my cheek and when reality came crashing upon me,I glared at her..,only to see her trying to scatter away.Swiftly,I caught her wrist,

tightening my hold purposefully as I saw her struggle to free herself.

"How can you expect me to let you go after that little feat you pulled off for me?"I whispered,my voice dangerously low."Don't you think we need to talk about this,tigresse?"

Without waiting for her response,I walked oppositely,dragging her along.
The party had come to a halt since I had successfully garnered all of their attention.Not bothering about them,I climbed the stairs and locked ourselves in one of the spare rooms in my house.I turned around to look at her shivering visibly.

"Explain."

Just one word from me and she turned on her waterworks.I was startled and then furious at her since she thought that I would let her off the hook if she cried and admitted her fault.I waited for her and took in her petite frame and I had to restrain myself from wincing when I thought about how powerful her blow was.Her tears were starting to smudge her mascara and I frowned when I noticed a blue bruise on her collarbone.