Chapter 3: Here comes Crystal

*Rose's POV*

I lay sprawled on my belly on my bed, a book in my hands. I hated reading, but Mrs. Serilly, my language arts teacher, made us read and write a summary of a novel, Jamie choosing 'The Lost Hero' by Rick Riordan and me choosing 'The Hunger Games' By Suzanne Collins. "Damn you Katniss!" I yelled at the book, I mean, why couldn't Katniss just stop being such a meanie to Peeta!? I mean seriously. My ears perked up as I heard a knock on the door, surely my siblings and my mom hadn't already returned from the store? I pushed myself up from my bed and swiftly stepped downstairs to the door.

I jumped the final 2 steps and ran towards the door. As soon as I opened it, my feet was glued to the floor, a shocked expression across my face, my eyes flickering up and down the figure standing before me. "Rose!" It squealed. In front of me was a light blue cat, her blue eyes dazzling with excitement, she wore a dark blue and light blue shirt with white sleeves, her pants a navy blue. I smiled and instantly hugged her. "Crystal!" I squeaked as tears began to blur my vision.

Crystal had been my best friend since I was in 3rd grade. We were never able to get away from eachother, if we got into a fight, we made up the next day or in a few hours. But..one day, she never came back. One time, I payed a small vacation to my grandma'so place out in another city, called, 'Shallow Falls'. I stayed there for a month, since I had to help my grandma for vacation. But when I came back, Crystal wasn't there. My mom said that she had said absolutely nothing, and just packed up and left. I never knew the reason why she had disappeared.

But now, she was here. I was on the verge of tears but I let go and quickly wiped my eyes. I smiled at her, my green eyes dazzled with happiness and relief of seeing her. "Come on in!" I said and let her in, she walked in. "Come on. To my room." I said and led her inside my room. She smiled and looked around, "So I see you've changed from My Little Pony to..other..things." She was right. When I was little I used to love My Little Pony, my favorite pony being Rainbow Dash, now I love other things. Boy bands, pandas, perfumes, nail polish, and did I mention pandas? When I was little I used to HATE being girly.

Now, I loved to do that stuff, it was fun. Me and Jamie did that all the time when either she or I slept over her place. We did our nails, hair and makeup. We ended up cracking up sometimes most of the time because of how bad or how silly we looked.

Soon, hurt filled her eyes, I starred in her directions, she had found the pictures. From the mirror, I could see the pictures of me and Jamie. She looked at one in particular, at first, it was a picture of me and her, as little girls, smiling, her arm wrapped around my shoulders. But things have changed, I met Jamie, we became friends and stuck together for years and now we were the pack of best friends. The old picture of me and Crystal had pink glittery boarder, flowers decorated on it. But now, a colorful green and purple was the border, me and Jamie's favorite things decorated it, on the top, was the signal of 'BFF's' that I had either done it with a marker or black duct tape. On the corners was a panda and on the other was a kitty, Jamie's favorite animal being the kitty and mine being the panda. Under the panda was a slip of pictures from a mall photo-booth, the first ons super silly, and the last one with Jamie having her hand one half of a hand heart and my hand the other half, looking at the camera smiling with pure joy. In the rest of the space, was a picture of Jamie and Me, Jamie's head poking out of a snowmen's head, and me laughing my head off in the snow.

Crystal took the photo off, "Who's this..?" She asked. "That's
Jamie...my friend" I began, my tone having the edge of my voice in slight nervousness. She looked up from the photo booth pictures and look at the borders, I looked away for a second. Crystal sees half of me, when I was the little girl, wearing a regular dress, she eyes the other side and takes the other half off, only to find herself as well, one arm of mine wrapped on her shoulders. As soon as I looked up, everything was back in place. She shook her head, seeming to clear herself up.

"Why did you move?" I asked as I sat on my bed and patted a spot infront of me. She sat down and looked at me, her blue eyes blank, "It's because, my father had taken another job in Sapphire City. We had to move..I didn't say anything because I didn't want it to be harder to leave than it already was." Crystal's words trailed off into whispers. I just noticed at her side was a scepter, an orb at the top which was surrounded by a swirl. "It's alright.." I said gently, trying to not cause a meltdown. She only sighed, and her backpack started to shake, every shake getting stronger. I shrieked, "What?!" And took cover with a pillow. From the backpack rose a small creature, a light blue one with sparkling dark eyes and small wings. "A chao?" I asked as I set aside the pillow, she smiled at me, the old Crystal returning. "Yeah. I got him when I was in Sapphire City..it was abandoned and it was barely a new born..it was in the middle of nowhere. I've taken care of him since then." The Chao fluttered around her, doing its noises. "Dash, this is Rose, an old friend of mine, Rosie, this is Dash."

I smiled as I began to pet Dash, "Hello there." I said, and looked back at Crystal."Are you going to stay here?" I asked, not wanting the person I knew to leave. She shrugged, "I'm not sure but I think we are going stay here." I smiled, "That's great! You get to meet my friends!" Crystal tilted her head in confusion, "Friends?" She began and laughed, "You've finally adjusted to people?" I laughed along, and shrugged, "I guess so!" I began, "I'm not the girl I used to be after all!" She rolled her eyes, smiling at the same time. I reached out a hand, grabbing hers, "Come on! Let me give you the tour!"

_________________

*Crystal's POV*

Rose left the room, leaving me and my Chao, Dash. I set down my scepter, and as I start walking out, at the doorway I glance back, it starts to tremble. The orb shook, I ran over to it and took it in my hand. "What?!" I shrieked slightly as the orb began to change from blue to a murky green. It stopped shaking, but the orb was still green, "What the..?"

_____________

Okay! Thanks for reading chapter 3 and liking it, I'm sorry I had not update it sooner!