Part 5

Moonstone POV:
"She really does have a purpose for being here" I thought as I led Crystal through the forest. "It's admirable how determined she sounded, I hope she can live up to that" I muttered under my breath. As I led her down the familiar path-like route towards the gorge, it was peaceful, like the calm before a storm. I helped her cross the all-too-familiar river, and we finally made it home. We shifted into our animal forms, and I led her inside.

Crystal POV:
As I followed Moonstone inside the gorge, I could feel glaring eyes glued onto me from all sides. Then I head small growls and whispers. I tried to ignore them, but they made me more than a little uncomfortable. "Don't make eye contact, and stay behind me." Moonstone said in a low voice. As soon as she finished saying that, a male voice called out, "Hey, look what the weakling brought in this time!" Against Moonstone's instructions, I turned and saw a tan-skinned male with short chestnut hair in an undercut.
(This is his outfit)

He wasn't in wolf form like the rest of them, and he was sitting below an outcrop

He wasn't in wolf form like the rest of them, and he was sitting below an outcrop. Moonstone didn't bat an eye and kept walking. "Don't ignore me, brat!" He yelled as he stormed up to us. I noticed that as he did so, wolves of all types moved out of the way with fear. He stopped in front of Moonstone expectantly, and she transformed to face him. Before anything else, she picked me up and held me firmly. "I don't need to explain myself to you, peasant." Moonstone growled. "YOU DARE TALK BACK TO ME BITCH?!" The male snarled as he slapped her. She stumbled back from the force, as I began to growl. "Aww, does the kitty not like me?~" he purred. As he reached down to grab me, I leaped, swiftly landing a huge scratch mark on his arm. He winced in pain as I hopped into Moonstone's arms. "And I could tell she was holding back, she'll do much worse next time." Moonstone said confidently as she walked away. I could feel his cold glare boring onto us as we walked into a secluded area surrounded by stones, ferns, and trees. Stepping through a gap in the dense flora, we emerged onto a sandy outcrop by a riverbank. Walking along the edge, I looked up and saw the afternoon sun, shining as if saying, "Everything will be fine." After a minute of walking, we came to a small cave, which had the scent of wolf. Moonstone then put me down, and said, "Transform, then wait here until I come back outside. I will tell you what to do then." I watched as she stepped inside the cave without another word. I transformed, then looked around. Just yesterday, I escaped living as an experiment, and now I have a chance at a life with Moonstone! I blushed as I thought of her grinning face when I first met her. "I'd like that."