Chapter Two

Chapter Two

Selena's Point Of View

I am jolted awake to the sound of my cell phone going off on the night stand next to the bed. I groan as I reach over and grab it off the night stand. Without looking at the caller ID I slid the answer button over and put the phone to my ear.

"Hello?" I say after I clear my voice.

"We're you still sleeping?" Demi's voice comes through the phone.

I take my phone off my ear and look at the time; twenty minutes until one o'clock. "Yeah." I finally reply back.

"Tired much?" she teases and I could picture a small grin on her face. "Anyways, did you ever set up an appointment to go see the doctor to get a checkup on the baby?"

"No. I totally forgot to call in about it." I admit.

"Well I would call in today to see if you can get in today at all because you need to make sure everything is okay with the baby." Demi explains to me.

"I know, Demi. I will today. I'll call as soon as I get up." I say as I rub my eyes. I'm still half asleep.

"Okay. Well, I'm going to let you be." Demi says.

"Okay, I'll talk to you later." I say.

"Wait," I hear Demi say right as I go to hangup.

"What?"

"Have Justin and you even talked about this whole baby situation at all since he's gotten out of the hospital? Like, has he even mentioned it at all?"

"No.." I say after I think about it.

 "Maybe you two should talk about it. I mean, it kind of is important to talk about, don't you think?" Demi says.

"I'll ask him about it before I call to make an appointment with the doctor."

"Okay. This time I'm going."

"Bye Demi." I say before I finally hit the end button.

I place my phone back on the night stand as I sit up in the bed. I look to my side to find Justin not next to me. He must be downstairs.

I start to get out of bed just as the bathroom door opens and Justin walks out with a towel wrapped around his waist and another towel in his hand to dry his hair with.

"Who was on the phone?" Justin asks as he walks over to me.

He kisses me on the lips before he takes a seat down on the bed next to me.

"Demi." I reply.

"Oh, what did she want?" he asks as he shakes his hair to try and get some of the remaining water out.

I take in a breath. "Can we talk about something?" I ask, avoiding his question.

"About what?" His eyes become alarmed at what I may say.

"T-the baby." I stutter with my words.

Justin's face turns slightly pale when I said the word 'baby'. I could tell he wasn't comfortable talking about this subject yet and that he wasn't expecting me to bring this up.

"Can we talk about this later?" he asks, his voice shaky.

"Justin, we need to talk about this now." I say, not wanting to push the subject off anymore.

Justin looks away from me. He fumbles with the towel in his hand.

"Why do we have to talk about it? It's not that important, is it?" he asks, keeping his eyes on the towel.