o n e

a/n pft i write this after i finish the story

the first chapter is so cliche ohmygod
y'all can honestly skip it if u want, it's just some background info on their relationship. 

after this chapter it gets really depressing (. ͡❛ ͜ʖ ͡❛.)

"Psst- Kageyama! Hinata told me to tell you to meet him at the coffee shop at five today," Sugawara whispered into my ear after early morning practice.

"Uh- okay? Tell him I said yes," I answered, confused. Suga gave me an all knowing smile and walked away, heading to his classes on the third year wing. I stared after, baffled. My eye caught onto a flash of orange in the hallway; Hinata. "Hey, Hinata!" I called after him. He turned around briefly, but long enough for me to see his red face. 

"I'm sorry, I can't talk now! I-I'll see you after school!" he stuttered, running faster away.

"Oi..? Dumbass..?" Whatever could it be that he was as flustered as that? I huffed and walked to homeroom, the one I shared with Hinata. Great. He was going to be awkward all day. Jesus. I walked into class and took my seat, with Hinata sitting one row behind me. I could practically feel his radiating nervousness. "Will you just spit it out already?" I hissed, swiveling in my seat.

"Wh-What? I don't know what you're talking about?" he squeaked, obviously lying. I rolled my eyes and turned back around. I was going to find out what the hell this guy was going on about.

~Time skip 'cause I'm lazy~

The rest of homeroom was boring as ever. Who even wanted to listen to our Sensei go on about mathematics? I caught sight of one of Hinata's classmates whispering into his ear, glancing at me slyly.

"Eh? Of course not, don't be stupid," Hinata laughed, though his ears turned slightly red. I blushed a bit against my will. What was that dumbass talking about? Actually, who even cares. Not like I do. The bell rung and I stumbled out of the classroom, heading to science next. A group of girls was standing somewhere next to me, and I could hear the giggles of a victim's friend. Oh, brother. Who was going to get confessed to now

"...Go tell him that you like him, Akira!" one of them whispered.

"I... Agh! I can't do it!" the main girl, probably Akira, said into her hands.

"Go or we'll do it for you!" The group pushed Akira into my direction. Oh no. 

"Uh- Kageyama-senpai- I just wanted to ask you- Uhm, will you go out with me?" she said shyly, barely meeting my eyes.

"No. I'm sorry. I've got my eyes on someone else." I dismissed her briskly, leaving her woeful eyes behind me as I walked to my next class.

"Kageyama! That was a bit cruel!" a familiar orange-haired boy added as he fell into pace with me.

"No it wasn't! Why be nice, anyway, if i'm not going to date her?" I sneered.

"You're making the scary face again!" Hinata whined.

"OH SHUT UP!" I grabbed his hair, trying to hide my smile.

"So uh, who's the 'someone' you got your eyes on?" Hinata inquired, wiggling his eyebrows.

"None of your business, dumbass," I muttered. Telling him wouldn't do me any good. In fact, it would probably make things worse. I didn't want to lose what we had.

"Oh... He's gay," one of the groupies said from behind me. I went rigid and turned around to face them, meaning to debunk that rumor, but they had all dispersed. Akira stayed behind, her mouth forming a small O.