2. Weird

My alarm goes off and I swing my arm over to stop it

My alarm goes off and I swing my arm over to stop it. I groan and pick up my phone from under my pillow. After going through Instagram, twice, Snapchat and my couple messages I finally get out of bed.

Swinging my legs over to the side I tighten my brace before getting up. I still have to sleep with my brace on but I can finally walk without crutches. And to be honest I want them back.

They suck, don't get me wrong, but I lost a lot of muscle so every once in a while my knee gives out and I almost fall over. You know how embarrassing it is to almost fall over in the middle of the hall where everyone is. Or better yet in front of my whole class? It sucks. But it's getting better, thank god.

Basketball open gyms start today, I am going but I can't do much, only shoot around from close because I can't jump.

So all I wear to school is a sweatshirt, some leggings and my signature white and black Jordan's. When I walk downstairs I find my lil bro Beckett already eating cereal. My dads at work and my mom is currently making my brother his lunch. I do not have a 4th hour so leave to eat.

My mom is making my brothers lunch because she has made all my other siblings, including me lunches for school since we were little. She says that she needs to keep it fair, although we are all capable of making our own.

I have four other siblings, three older and one younger. All the older ones are already out of the house. i see my sisters a lot however, my oldest brother i don't see a lot. Usually only in the summer.

"Good morning" I greet walking to the freezer. Eggo waffles it is.

"morning honey" my mom responds.

Once I eat breakfast and brush my teeth and do all that I am back downstairs waiting by the door, with my backpack on. I hurt my right knee so i can not drive so i have to wait for my brother.

I get impatient and take the keys. I say goodbye to my mom and my dog, Aspen and go wait in the car instead.

A couple minutes later he is in the car and backing out of the driveway.

"took you long enough" i mutter.

"oh shut up, if you're late you get a pass" he motions to my knee. yeah, i guess he's right, i do.

When we get to school we go our separate ways. I went right to class because it started a minute ago. I have english first and english teachers never care that we are late so I don't have to worry. When I walk in I see the teacher taking attendance. I look around the rest of the room and see Brody, cue the eye roll.

I do not like him, well actually, i really like him but i tell myself i don't. He's so confusing. We have never had a full conversation, only little things here and there. yet he always stares at me and smiles at me. He even winked at me once. This has been going on since 9th grade. 3 almost 4 years. That is why I have vowed that I hate that guy. Even though I still get butterflies when I see him.

I ignore him and walk to my seat. I sit down, glance back at him, seeing if he is still looking. He is. I look away and the. Take out my air pods.

I hate school so much. So when I'm here, I'm not actually here. I put in my AirPods and hide them behind my hair. This is the routine for the rest of the day.

I do not talk to a lot of people in this school. I only have a few friends, and not good friends, just school friends. All the girls are fake and all the guys are douches. So I stay away from people unless I have to talk to them.

When the final bell rings I hop out of my seat and go right to the gym. I do not have to change and get ready for practice so I grab a ball and go to the very far corner of the gym. I set my bag down and grab my AirPods and put them in my pocket. I start doing the little shots that I can do when someone calls out my name.

"Brooks?" My coach shouts. I cringe. He has no idea what happened to me. We are not allowed to have communication until the season starts.

"Hey coach" I say nervously, turning around.

"What happened?" he asked.

"I tore my ACL in my AAU season," his eyes widened.

"are you okay?"

"i'm good. I just won't be able to play early in the season but I am hoping to play later in the season, ''I said hopefully.

"i hope you can too. we'll keep in touch" he said.

"Thanks coach," he nodded and smiled at me before turning around to walk the other way. "Wait," I said , remembering something. "can  use this basket to shoot. I don't want to lose my shot"

"of course"

"Thanks," I smiled. Coach walked away and I was about to turn around when something caught my eye. The boys basketball coach was looking at me with his arms crossed. I shrugged and went back to what I was doing.

I got a couple shots in before the rest of the teams came out. My team came up to me and asked a bunch of questions, asking if I was okay and if I would be back to playing soon.

Don't get me wrong, i love my team, i have been playing with them since i was in like third grade. But they are all just so fake, I hate it. We have never had a conversation outside of basketball. They like to pretend that I do not exist outside of basketball. But all of a sudden we're best friends during basketball. I just keep my distance. i'm nice to them, but still, I have to be.

After shooting for an hour and a half, I decided I was done. There isn't much that i can do so it gets pretty repetitive and boring. I grab my back pack and start walking over to the ball rack. Looking up, I find the boys basketball coach still watching me. His arms are still crossed but this time he has a smile on his face. We make eye contact and I scrunch my brows together. He nods his head and then goes back to his side of the court. I shake my head and set the ball on the rack before saying my goodbyes and walking out of the gym doors. On the way outside I called my brother and asked him to pick me up.

I gotta get home today has just been too weird for me. I can not take it anymore. I like it when i do not talk to anyone and no one talks to me. And i would really like it if no one stared at me for an hour and a half.

Today just has been really weird.

---

Chapter 2!! hop you guys liked it.

The next chapter should be out on Tuesday at the latest.

Don't forget to vote and comment❤️