The Pact

The creature held its chin with its talons, "It will be a shame if you were to die so easily." It mused, "I have been waiting for this moment for a very long time."

"What do you mean?" Marcus asked without letting his guard down.

The creature shrugged, "Dominus is very picky about its masters, which is why it abandoned that 'Fallen One' just when he needed it the most."

Marcus began to consider if the years of isolation had affected the creature's mind. It was talking about the Dominus as if it were a living creature. At first he thought that it was a magic spell that determined who was worthy by the means of the "Blood Pact" but for an inanimate object to make conscious decisions was just a little bit insane.

However, this was not the time to debate whether the Dominus was alive or not. Finding a way to send that creature to its inter-dimensional prison was more important, something that demanded his full attention.

Marcus examined the black hole from which the barbed-tentacles had emerged from. It dawned on him that it was some sort of portal. Maybe, the creature wasn't completely free.

Perhaps he could send the creature back, find a way to turn that portal into an actual black hole. Marcus needed an irresistible force, he could do it, and the Dominus would surely help him achieve his goal. But was he willing to pay the price? The last time he used the Dominus to its full capacity was when he tried to free Abigail from the aura of that evil blade, however, it almost cost him his life as well.

His old wound began to burn again. It had begun to itch the moment he got near the creature. Marcus felt sick to his stomach when he realized that the aura the creature that stood before him was the same as the evil blade he was forced to destroy.

"What's wrong?" The creature sneered. "Where has your bravery gone to?"

The fear that Marcus was feeling was starting to become anger. There was nothing more he wanted than to pummel that freak for what he did to Abigail.

The creature extended its arms again and Marcus dodged the attack as a crimson gleam began to engulf the blade of his sword. But had to dodge and roll as the creature seemed to be able to change the direction of its attacks at will and without effort while keeping Marcus at a distance.

Marcus jumped between the long, black arms of the creature and skid across the floor and slashed at the creature's legs.

The creature gave out a horrible scream like a thousand blades being scrapped against rocks as Marcus jabbed his sword on the floor to stop from falling over the edge.

Marcus watched as the creature dropped face first in the ground and dissolve in a puddle of black liquid. But the black puddle raced across the floor as a huge gaping maw, with rows of arrow-shaped teeth came into view. One bite from that and it was over.

Just as the creature's maw was closing in, Marcus jumped high into the air with the help of a jet stream of red energy. However, the creature jumped after him and regained its humanoid form in mid-air. Marcus summoned an energy shield as the creature kicked him back into the ground with great force like a meteor.

Marcus gasped as he rose from the small meteor he just created. He could feel every bone and tissue in his body being repaired and reinforced by the Dominus. He didn't know what was worse the fall or the accelerated healing, but Marcus definitely glad he was able to heal so quickly.

"That was amazing!" The creature jeered as it slowly descended to the ground. "Most would pass out from the pain after repairing their entire body, but not you." The creature flashed Marcus a smile from the maw in its belly, "now I understand why the Dominus chose you."