1

Why does it feel like time is faster than flash when you're on summer break and time feels like a hundred times slower when you're at school? Today is Saturday and it's our last weekend of summer break before school starts on Monday.

Though I am a little excited and sad at the same time. Excited because starting on Monday, my friends and I will be officially a grade 11 students. Sad because it will be our last 2 years together in school. Even though we will attend the same University, High School is still different from it since University is a huge place. It's not that we will always see each other when it's lunch break because for sure we will all have different schedules. And mostly, we will probably be busier than usual.

I look at my phone and check the time. It's already 9:30 in the morning. I knew it would be a quiet Saturday for me since eomma and my yeodongsaeng Somi, went to Paris for business purposes and my best friends are on our basketball practice today.

Yes, we play basketball in our school, I just can't attend today's practice due to my left shoulder injury that I got when we went camping in the summer.

Bambam is the reason behind my injury. The ball he hit went straight to my left shoulder. We play baseball every time we go camping. It's been our tradition since we were kids.

Bambam, Sehun, Bobby, Baekyun, Suho, Seulgi, Rośe a.k.a Chaeyoung are my best friends since we were in pre-school. Then we met Jisoo, Jeongyeon, Mina, Yeri, Joy, Sana, and Wendy were in grade school. Since then, we have never been apart. That's why we decided to finish our high school life from the same school.

"Lisa, aren't you going to check your team today?" Appa asked while reading The Korea Times. We're at our living room waiting for our driver.

And since I will definitely get bored to death today, I decided to tag along and watch appa and his best friend play golf.

"No appa. Coach messaged me this morning and he told me to take a rest for the weekend". I said, while I'm busy looking at some instagram stories from my sister.

"Somi and Eomma were at our favorite restaurant two hours ago". Handling my phone for him to look at it.

"They are such a tease. Tell them we miss them and come back soon. Oh! And bring home a box of The Smiths cookies ". Appa said with a wide smile on his face.

"Mr. Manoban, the car is ready." Mr. Seungri said that it startled me and appa.

"Seungri! You almost gave me a heart attack! Aish!" Appa said while he's placing his left hand on his chest.

"I'm sorry Mr. Manoban. I didn't mean to startle you and YM." Mr. Seungri said while looking at us apologetically.

Mr. Seungri is our family driver. He's been with us since appa was born. Him and his family have been part of our life since day one.

I chuckled while shaking my head. "Appa stop being a drama king and let's get going before Mr. Crab gets first in the club." I stood and pats appa's shoulder and went straight to Mr. Seungri.

"How are you today Mr. Seungri?" I ask while I'm approaching him at the foyer and reaching for his hand to shake and bow at him at the same time.

"I'm doing just fine YM. How's your shoulder? Are you able to play with your father today?" He asked me with so much concern in his voice. He caressed my injured shoulder with his free hand.

"My shoulder is getting better, Mr. Seungri. Thank you for your concern. I'm not going to play, because today I'll be his bodyguard." I said and wink at appa and he chuckled at my antics.

"So you really don't need to drive us today, Mr. Seungri. I can drive and I want to drive today. So please have this day off to take a rest since you're going to be exhausted with your busy schedule next week with appa."

"She's right Mr. Seungri. Go home and have fun with your grandchildren since this is their last weekend with you. They are going back to Australia on Monday right?"

"Yes. But..."

"No more but's Mr. Seungri. Don't worry about us, Appa and I can manage our own for today." I said as I opened the door and stepped outside and held the door open for them.

"Are you sure your shoulder is okay?"

I positioned myself like Iron Man. I raise my right arm forward making my palm facing him like I'm about to hit him with my imaginary laser through my palm and said "I'm like Iron Man. No one ca..." Before I could finish my sentence, he punched my fractured shoulder.

"Ouch! What was that for?!" I hissed in pain while rubbing the shoulder he hit.

"Pft! Iron man my old ass." He mumbled and chuckled.

"Aish! Just give me the key, old man."

He sighed and handed the key to me. "Okay. But you need to call me if you need anything."

"Thank you. And nope!" I said emphasizing the p more. "We'll be fine and you old man will enjoy your Sunday with your family."

He sighed again and looked at the appa. "You will call me if he does something crazy." He said seriously while pointing his finger at him.

"Yes, Mr. Seungri. I will." Appa answered and chuckled.

Appa considers Mr. Seungri as his second father. That's why it's okay they talk casually, especially when Mr. Seungri is being overprotective.

I gasped. Bringing my right hand right at my chest and acted like I was feeling hurt. "I don't do crazy things!"

"May I remind you the day you drove the golf cart straight to the pond just to try if you can pass through?"

"Well, I didn't know it would be that deep."

"It's a pond." He said as he facepalm. "Is she really your daughter? Because her IQ level is absurd."

"Don't worry Mr. Seungri. If she won't behave I will make a deal with Nancy's father to get them married." Appa said and they both laughed the hell out.

"That's probably a good idea. Your company would benefit from that as well."

"Don't you dare." I said sternly while glaring at them.

"What? She already has been calling me 'Appa' since you guys were in grade 4. Give the girl some slack. She loves you ever since." He said while still laughing.

"Appa, I'm not trying to be rude here but that girl almost gets a new guy every 2 or 3 weeks! We just finished our 1st year in high school and she looked like she had a relationship with half of the student body".

"Maybe she'll stop when you finally give her a chance?" Mr. Seungri said while he opened the passenger door for appa.

"Aish!! Can you guys stop talking nonsense "

"Okay. Okay grandpa! Let's get going. Joong-Ki's probably waiting for us now. I'll see you tomorrow, Mr. Seungri"

"I'll see you tomorrow, Mr. Manoban." Mr. Seungri closed the door and stepped back on the car.

"Drive safe, YM. I'll see you tomorrow"

"Thank you, Mr. Seungri and I'll see you too tomorrow! Please extend my regards to your family."

"I will."