A Home at the Museum

The pharaoh carried her into his chamber and laid her down on the cushioned bench. He couldn't find any blankets so he rummaged through her bag. But all he saw were tampons and breath mints. So, he removed his royal robe and draped it across her.
Ahk lied down on the bench two feet across from her after removing his crown. He watched her sleeping form and admired all the worry lines that had faded away. Nina looked at peace.
The king suddenly grew angry. How could anyone hurt such a beautiful and kind lady. Randall beat her because he got her pregnant. That didn't even make any sense.
Randall better watch his back if I ever meet him, thought Ahkmenrah. Because I might kill him.
Hours passed and it was that time again. Ahkmenrah removed his clothing and began to wrap himself in his mummified strips of cloth.
"What are you doing?" A sleepy voice called.
"Getting ready for my day job." Joked Ahkmenrah.
Nina laughed and tiptoed over to the pharaoh by his sarcophagus. She still had his cape draped over her shoulders. Ahkmenrah found this as an extreme turn on; seeing her in his clothes. He tried not to think about it.
"You really are that mummy?"
"Well, I don't regularly wear toilet paper, my dear."
Nina giggled.
"Could you possibly help me wrap my head?"
"Yes." Nina smiled and grabbed a strip of wrap. She began to gently wrap it around him until she could only see his beautiful blue eyes. He hopped into his sarcophagus and placed the last strip over his eyes just as the first strand of sunlight burst into the chamber. His features seemed to sink under the wrap and Nina couldn't help herself. She peeled off the last bandage to reveal a decayed mummified face. She now officially believed him and replaced the cloth. She shut his sarcophagus.
Nina trotted over to her sleeping son and tapped his shoulder. "David, honey, time to get up."
The little boy sat bolt upright. "Where's Ahkmenrah?"
"Um... He's asleep. Cmon. Pack up. It's time to leave."
"Leave?" Larry called. "No... You don't ever have to leave. I'm offering you a job here. I'm boss here now and I'm here nearly 24/7. How 'bout you be night guard and a tour guide? I know you love this place."
"A job? Live here?"
"Yes. We've got a couple of empty rooms that could easily become apartments." Larry pleaded. "Please, stay."
"Please, Mommy? I don't want to go back to Daddy's." David clung to her leg.
Nina's hand capped her mouth as tears grew like warts in her eyes. "Okay, baby. We'll stay." She hugged Larry. "I can't thank you enough."
"It was Ahkmenrah's idea." Larry sneered. "He cares a lot about you two."
"I might have to kiss him when he wakes up." She laughed.
"I'm sure he'll enjoy that. Alright, come on. I'll take you to your room."
Nina and David gathered their things and followed Larry down the hall to the room. It was small but perfect. A red pull out couch, table and chairs and a recliner were in there.
"It's not much but..."
"It's perfect." Nina said.