Manorian

Dorian looked out over the city of Rifthold as the sun rose. The city dwellers had just begun to stir, yet he had been up for hours. Dreams of the demon who had enslaved him and the battles he had witnessed still haunted him, keeping him awake. This often left him half asleep for the remainder of the day, and the lords and ladies of his court were beginning to notice. Not all of his dreams were bad. The good ones were of Manon. Her golden eyes dim and silver hair tied up in the usual braid, just as he had last seen her months ago. 

Today the witch would be visiting again. She didn't specify when exactly, but Dorian had a feeling she'd attempt to arrive in the morning, when the people were just leaving for jobs or errands. They often gazed up at her as she rode by on Abraxos. 

These visits did them both good. Dorian never had the nightmares when she was around, and Manon had been somewhat depressed and withdrawn from everybody except Elide, Abraxos, and him ever since the thirteen had died. 

Dorian looked up,  and indeed saw the form of a wyvern getting closer. He smiled. Maybe she brought news of the other witches. 

Abraxos landed on the large balcony moments later. The silver-haired witch slid off, though for once didn't look quite so bloodthirsty. She strode past Dorian, barely giving him a glance. 

"Princeling."

"Witchling," he replied, following her into the castle. 

The witch didn't look back or acknowledge him again until she was seated at a table with food in front of her. Dorian had to look away though. 

"Must you eat bloody meat every time you come here?" Manon regarded him. 

"I don't have to come here you know." Dorian snorted. They both know that wasn't true. These visits were the only things keeping them sane. 

"I bring news from Terrasen." Dorian looked up at that. She didn't usually go there. The memorial for her witches was the very first thing built there and it brought too many memories. 

"Queen Aelin is expecting and Lady Elide and Lorchan are married. Didn't even invite me to the wedding." 

Only half of the news surprised the young king. 

"Elide and Lorchan wed months ago, and they did invite you. You wrote a letter to them saying you refused to come, but your words to Lorchan, and I quote, were 'You break her heart I break your face.'" 

Manon nodded thoughtfully. "Didn't think they'd actually go through with it." 

Dorian sighed and left her to eat the meat.