Legends

Dave
"It's missin somethin", I say as I bob my head to the new song I just recorded "we can work on it but your time is up right now", "impossible, I just got here", "it's been two hours. You my boy but more time, more money", he shrugs as he begins to pack up.

"Wass on yo mind", my homie Wagner asks as we wait for our far ass stop "need more money and fast", "agreed. Grams still strugglin", he shakes his head. I keep thinkin of different ways to make fast cash and only one keeps poppin up but I don't want that lifestyle.

"Hey baby. Wag", my girl, Crystal, hugs me and mugs Wag "Crystal", Wag says unamused "ima hit ya", he daps me before headin next door. "I don't know why you hang with that broke ass nigga","stop violatin B", I mug her  "okaaayyy", she rolls her eyes "mhm".

"Well if you let me call Don for you, you wouldn't have to stress", Crystal says kissin on me "I told you I don't want to be in that life", Crystal sucks her teeth and moves out of my lap "I'm done. You have these big rap dreams and gettin up out of here but yet you don't have no hustle in you. And I have a lifestyle Dave, that you're not supporting", she grabs her stuff and storms out.

"Tell that fast ass girl to stop slammin my shit", my dad's girlfriend walks from the back "don't have to worry bout her, she not comin round no mo", I lean back in the recliner.

Crystal been round for as long as I can remember but the older we get, the more money hungry she gets. Her and Wag use to be cool as hell and we all hung round each other but one day they got into a big ass fallin out. But fuck it, if she can't see the vision then ion need her.

The next day...
"Wass craccin", Wag daps me up as I walk out the door "wassup". We were on the way to the courts for the day.

"I've been doin some thinkin", I start "...okay?" Wag kind of chuckles "I might hit up Don...", "fo what", he asks causing me to suck my teeth "what you think stupid", "iight don't start violatin befo I fucc you up", "yea iight".

"You sure that's what you wanna do", "it's not what I want but what I have to do. I'm trynna get out of Harlem. This rappin shit ain just a hobby no more, I wanna make it big like Nas, Pac, nem", "you know I'm down if you sure", "give me a couple more days or sumn. I gotta do some more thinkin", "iight".

We play ball for a couple of hours before headin to our favorite pizza joint.

"Hellooo, welc- hello my favorites", Amina smiles as she walks up to the counter from the back "what's good ugly", Wag nods "wassup shorty", I nod. "The usual", she asks "mhmmm", Wag nods his head before reachin into his bag "on the house. I NEED A SMALL BUFFALO CHICKEN PIE & A SMALL CHEESE PIZZA", she yells to the cooks before grabbin two sprites and joinin us at the table.

"How were the courts today", I hear her sniff "smells like it was a good ass day", she pinch her nose and I hug her "DAVIIDDD", she squeals tryin to push me off causing Wag and I to laugh.

"Ha ha ha", she mocks once I let her go "now, y'all gotta pay for y'all food", she rolls her eyes "aww hush, you know you love us", Wag kisses her cheek "hmm maybe a little", she point to her other cheek for me and I give her a kiss on it "thank you".

"I LET YO ASS WIN", Wag yells out of breath "yeaaaa if you say so", Mina smirks "nah, his ass just slow as hell", I chuckle as I give her a pound. "Hands up, you know the rest", she sticks her hand out for her winnings.

Wag and I go waaayyy back to primary school. No matter what it was, he had my bacc and I had his. Still to this day. Amina came around in 6th grade and she started to bring Keri round too. Keri is the only one who went off to college and stayed away. I fucked up twice, ended up doing some time, and now I'm bacc home. But you better believe once I get this rap shit goin, I'm gone get out of here.

"So, are we having our usual day or you gotta go see Crystal", Amina rolls her eyes "nah, we good", I brush it off "what happened this time", "not today Mina", I say already over the conversation.

For the rest of the evening we just smoke, joke around, and chill. "See y'all Friday", Mina asks me walkin up the stairs to her building "you already know", I assure her "oop, almost forgot", she jogs down the stairs "give it up". We both kiss our designated cheek "love y'all, let me know when y'all make it home".

We wait until she's inside and waves out her window before letting it down to continue our journey home. "If you do decide to do that...we gone have to get more straps", Wag brings up "I know", "and we have to be real smart bout everything", "I know" "no room for fuck ups", "I know Wag".

We finally get to our buildings which are across from each other. "imma hit ya cuh", "one", we say in unison as we dap each other up.

"Ayo, my mans", Wag yells causing me to turn around "wassup", "you gone be big like Nas nem".

Amina
"Soo, are you ready to tell me what happened", I can hear him heavily sigh before filling me in. "I just don't know why you let her treat you like that David".

"She's been there through the bad shit", "so? She can't see the big picture and if you told her you don't want that life on multiple occasions, why she still trying?! Tell her broke ass to get a job", "Amina", "deadass. She ain doin shit but holdin you back but that's yo girl".

David and I have a tight ass bond where we can talk about any and everything. I love him but I hate that he lets that broke dusty girl treat him any kind of way. Especially when he got females constantly throwin themselves at him. Females that can bring more to the table. That can see his vision and support him. But you can only help those who want to be helped.

"You all worried bout my love life, what happened to yo mans", "fuck him", I quickly respond causing him to laugh "I tried to warn you", "as did I", I say referring to Crystal.
*
*
*
"Why y'all hidin shit", I cross my arms, fed up with their bullshit "no ones hiding shit Mina", David tries to reassure me "so why the fuck I keep hearin y'all dealin", "maaan, they don't know what they talkin bout ", Wagner adds "really? Well who died and left y'all money cause y'all came up out of nowhere".

I don't get an answer from neither one as they avoid eye contact with me. "Hm, I thought we were bestfriends that told each other everythin but apparently not", I walk away with my bruised feelings right along with me.

Wagner and David been moving funny for the past month. They don't come around as often, always whispering and ditching me, and it's always some bullshit excuse. I know they're in cahoots with Don and I'm not even mad cause you gotta do what you gotta do sometimes. Just don't lie bout the shit.

But since they wanna act funny, imma act hilarious.