Reunion

8 years later
Dave
"Growin up my nigga always talked about makin it in this rap shit. Ayo, my mans....you made it. Keep going", Wag toasts at the pregame before my listening party in a few. I lift my glass with a smile before taking my shot.

I finally got this shit off the ground. I'm Nas' signee and it took a lot of shit to get here. And we gone keep it going. It's only up from here my nigga.

This listening party is for my newest project Kairi Chanel, named after my babygirl, and I just announced getting signed to Def Jam Records. Shit is crazy.

Round 9 o'clock I started to make my way into the middle of the venue with my bottle of Rosé in hand. I was getting congratulations from every direction.

"Dave. Dave. Mind answering some questions", a reporter asks "good evening, Mr. East will be more than happy to answer any questions following the project. Thank you", Wayno, my manager, answers and pulls me with him.

"We're going to premiere the project in about an hour so until then walk around, politic, thank everyone, and enjoy yourself. But not too much cause you have to do the conference and say a few words right before premiering then after, you good", Wayno catches me up.

"Iight", I nod "congratulations my nigga, welcome to the top", he daps me up "thank you and thanks for believing", "no doubt".

"Here", Crystal hands me a shot "congratulations baby", she pulls me into a deep kiss and a bunch of flashes go off.

"Oooo babe look, it's Jeezy", Crystal gets hype "I see em", I say calmly. The night is suppose to be about my album but she hype bout all these other rappers. But I guess I understand why, she ain never been around so many big people.

I'm fuckin with the party. Everybody got a cool little vibe, nothing but positivity, I couldn't ask for anything more.

"Yo, my mans. You won't believe who I just seen", Wag walks up to me bug asf "who got you so hype", I chuckle, thinkin it's a rapper. "Sorry to interrupt. Dave, it's time", Wayno says "iight. We gone talk after this", I grab Crystal's hand and begin to walk off but then turn around "you comin", I ask and Wag smiles.

My nigga been there from the start, it's only right he gets to experience this shit with me.

"Dave East", Wayno calls me up on stage and everyone begins to applaud.

"Wow, this is some wild shit. People don't get signed by Def Jam everyday on my block. This is a...big, big moment but not only for me...".

My eyes land on one of the most gorgeous women I've ever seen in my life. Her long black hair, big gold hoops, naturally pouty lips with the gloss, 2 gold chains, the developed curves, and the eyes that get me every time.

She's dressed in a olive green cropped hoodie, light blue jeans that hug her legs nicely, some nude heels, and a Louis Vuitton purse.

Her lips curve into a small smile that is paired with a small shy wave. I look at Wag who is muggin in the same direction "you gone finish", Crystal mouths, snapping me out of my thoughts.

"...for everyone who has supported and believed in me from the very beginning. It's been a long journey to make it here but that journey has made me the artist and man that I am today. It's on for real this time. I feel like a lot of my shit been heard, but it is definitely gonna be heard. But I won't keep y'all waiting any longer, thank you everyone for coming out and showing love, this means more to me than anyone knows. Enjoy Kairi Chanel and welcome to my world".