chapter 1

Percy POV:
why do the fates hate me so much. all I wanted was a happy life with my friend, my family, and the girl I loved. But I got betrayal, been shunned for something I didn't do. they even banished me from camp, my home for the past six years. I knew I couldn't stay with my mortal parents because the monsters would be drawn by my strong scent. so I decided to run away, to live on my own. I wrote the letter to those who didn't betray me. I also wrote a letter to Chiron and Poseidon. I packed my clothes and other needed items like ambrosia and nectar I left my cabin at midnight silently not wanting to give my presence to harpies. I left camp border and patted Peleus's head saying goodbye. Ms. O Leary was in the underworld with Cerberus and have already said goodbye to blackjack. Without looking back I left the camp border.
Time skip
After a few days, I decided to visit my mother and Paul in Manhattan at our apartment. I nervously walked up the stairs thinking about what would I say to my mother. I took a long breath when I was outside the apartment door but something was wrong because our apartment door never stayed open and the hair on the back of my neck stood up indicating danger. I quickly pulled out riptide and uncapped it which grew into 3 feet of bronze sword. I cautiously entered the house, soon I paled because everything in the room was upside down as if there was a hurricane in the room. Dread filled me as I ran toward my mother's room hoping that she could be in her room safe with Emily and Paul. But when I reached my mom's room my knees went weak and I fell on my knees when I saw mom's room decorated with limbs and blood everywhere. My mom's body was shredded into smaller pieces only the part of the body that remain intact was my mom's head. Her lovely blue eyes which were filled with warmth and love were now cold, dead. I felt so weak that I practically dragged myself toward my mom and closed her eyes. I got up with every hope I could muster. I had to find Paul and Emily but when my eyes fell on the body next to my mom's my hope diminished. Next to her was Paul, my stepfather's body I couldn't stop my feelings I fell on my knees tears falling freely, and I let out a feral scream. I released all my pain and anger in my scream. The ground around me started to shake and the sky outside started to catch a storm and lighting flashing dangerously and rain falling heavily on the earth. After a moment of anguish, my power drained out of me and I fell on the floor before I could completely drift to the land of the unconscious a small cry startled me. A new streak of hope appeared inside me I immediately got up and ran toward the source of the cry.

(EDITED)***