Revelation

• • • • •

Author's Note:

Heyyyyyy! Guys! ...Guys? Hey! I didn't particularly appreciate that hand gesture!

Okay, okay! I know it's really late and I'm very, VERY, sorry! It's just... life happens, y'know? I have papers and projects and homework due left and right and before you know it, I'm drowning in a sea of World War I and photosynthesis.

Anyway...

Also! I know you guys have been figuring out my self-proclaimed 'plot twists' and I have devised one so heart breakingly evil, you won't be able to see it coming!

...I'm just... not completely sure what it is yet...

Joking, joking! :) Happy reading, you guys.

• • • • •

"Princess! Are you ready?" One of the servants called out to me.

"I'll be out in a sec!" I yelled back.
Whatever Tranquility's motive was for doing this, was still unknown. Clearly she hates me, so why would she go through all the trouble of throwing me a party?

She took everyone I cared about and kept them near death. Who knows what's actually been happening to Viola and Steven by now, not to mention my... family. And I haven't even seen Verity yet.

I was convinced she was up to no good, and I was directly under her radar. I just hoped the werewolves came up with a plan, because after Liz left, I was completely flustered.

...Verity has to be the third sister. Verity has to be my sister.

Trouble was, I had a hard enough time believing I was even remotely related to the monster who calls herself Tranquility. I took a deep breath and looked in the mirror.

With my hair swept back, and a cold look in my eyes, I almost looked like Tranquility. I looked down at the red, strapless ball gown Liz had fashioned for me. I didn't like it, but it was still better than that god-awful pink dress she brought me before.

I heard a sharp knock at the door and sighed. I threw open the door to reveal a frightened servant. He shrank back in fear, before quickly straightening up again, his face flushing in embarrassment. I noticed a bruise around his right eye.

"What the hell has Tranquility been doing to you?" I asked mostly out of shock, remembering Liz's bruises. He shook his head.

"It is my punishment for being resilient," he said simply, leading me to a large winding staircase.

"Good luck, Princess. And... Happy Birthday," he said with a secretive smile.

I was about to question him, but then I felt Tranquility's penetrating gaze. Her hands were folded neatly in her lap, the light perfectly reflected off her sapphire ring, and the skirt of her ice-blue ball gown kissed the floor.

I took my time walking down the elaborate, golden staircase, my eyes casually sweeping the room. I noticed the wolves and Xander, dressed as servants, scattered throughout the room. I didn't let my eyes linger, though. I figured Tranquility would notice. If vampires had eagle-like eyesight, Tranquility was an eagle with a sniper rifle.

I began to realize that I was the center of attention. Well, it was my Birthday Ball, after all. And the flame colored dress I was wearing certainly made my presence more noticeable. Maybe this was her plan all along, to have me distracted by all the attention...