chapter 4

IT WAS FINALLY MONDAY and lauren was supposed to meet ricky on the rooftop of the school which of course was weird but she didn't really mind it at all.

She sat on the top waiting for him while she did that she took a picture of the view and posted it on instagram to show how beautiful it is up here. while she was posting it the door opened to reveal ricky who was stopped to look at her.

"you came." he said smiling slightly. "you seem surprised? of course i did." she said putting her phone up in her mini backpack. he chuckled and closed the door, "yeah i am. i know you don't like nini so-" lauren quickly cut him off as soon as she heard nini's name.

"what does n- she have to do with us practicing a dance?" she asked crossing her arms. 

"um..." she then grabbed her backpack and started walking towards the door.

"you know what maybe we shouldn't do this." she suggested, but then he stopped her by wrapping his right arm around her waist and looked at her, "no please. look i'm sorry i brought her up okay .... i just really need to learn this dance.... there is so much stuff going on in my life right now , and with my family so i really just need to do this so it can all get better you know..... so please...." he begged looking down at her. 

she got soft faced and nodded. "okay just tell me what i need to do." she said making him sigh and smile. 

___________________

at the end of the dance ricky twirled lauren out and pulled her back in with a dip. they completely locked eyes with each other as she leaned into his arms. he stared at her beautiful brown eyes before his eyes fell to her lips and slowly leaned in kissing her softly. she kissed him back having her hands tug through his hair softly. once they pulled away the gasped for air they looked at each other and ricky cleared his throat as they got out of each others grip. lauren pulled her hair behind her ear and blush came on top her cheeks. "um i should get going...." she said he nodded, "yeah me too." they both grabbed their things and lauren looked at him as he packed his things. "you know if you ever need someone to talk to you know about the family stuff, i'm all ears since i can slightly relate to it, that way we can both struggle together." she slightly smiled making him do the same. "i'll be sure to do that."

"just know it's us kids against the world," she smiled "see you tomorrow richard." she said and walked off the roof.