that night 1

(Song: Blown away- Carrie Underwood)

The story will start the night that changed Emerald forever. It may be triggering for some. Mentions of abuse and violence. The is a mature story (kinda) so read at your own risk. You have been warned.

Chapter 1

Emerald age 12

Emerlad's POV
I ran outside of the house trying to get away from him, his drunk again and very angry. He had thrown a lamp and the glass is all over me. I see Kiri as he runs from across the road. I see my mom coming too. Kiri runs up. Kiri grabs me then my mom pulls me behind her. I'm right behind my mom so I can't put together what's happening. I can hear the sound of someone getting hit and then another, then someone falls to the ground. I end up fainting from the amount of blood I lost

Kirishima's pov
I has across the street at my house. My mom and Em's mom were outside taking and I was walking out the door when I see Em running out of her house with her dad following her.  Me and Em have been friends since she moved in across the street when she was 5. I ran across the street and grabbed her pulling her away from her dad. I could smell the alcohol on his breath. I see Rose right behind me and I hand off Em to her.

Kano, Em's dad, had grabbed me by the arm. "Let me do what I please with my kid," he said clear as day. "No, you have no right to lay your hands on her again. You're drunk and you've beat the crap out of her again. I'm not going to let you lay your hands on her again," I said pulling away from him. This is when I get a punch to face and me and Kano started fighting. I managed to get him knocked to ground and knocking him out.

When I look behind me I see Emerlad layed on the ground and I run to her. I  pick her up so I can carry her. "Miss Rose, Hey snap out of it," I say to Rose. She's in shock and I can tell. My mom's running over and gets Rose snapped out of it. "I called the cops, y'all need to get to safety before he wakes up," my mom said. I'm still holding onto Em. "She's breathing but she's out cold," I said. My mom drove us to the ER.

Later
Allmight's pov
I'm sitting on the coach when I hear my phone ring. I answer it. "Hello" I said. "Toshi Emerald is in bad shape. I'm at the hospital," Rose said through tears. I jump up and start to my car. "I'll be there in 10 minutes," I say. I arrived at the hospital and run in. I see Rose waiting and crying a nurse trying to comfort her. "I got this," I say taking Rose into my arms and they walk us to a private room.

On the way to the hospital

Kirishima POV
As I hold Em in my arms. I see her eyes open.  she groans in pain. I pull her closer to my chest "Shhhh it's going to be okay Eri." I said. "Where are we Kirishima, she said panicky and  looking around. Her mom hears her "Em we're on the way to the hospital." Rose said.

At the ER

Kiri POV.

I ran in and they take Eri out of my arms. The nurse starts asking questions and Eri is scared out of her mind. "You're bleeding," the nurse said. Before I could explain I've been carrying Em around they take me to the next bed and it looks like I've also been bleeding from my nose and lip. I got into it with her father trying to get Em away from him. My wrist is broken and a black eye but I can't leave Em. "Don't I can wait I have to be with her," I said trying to get up. "Please let me clean you up," I do and go to Eri.

She's crying and her mom and Allmight are trying to answer all the questions. They want to take her to the OR to remove all the glass because of the amount of blood she has lost. "Kiri don't leave, please," she says. "I'll be waiting for you went you get back,"I said.

Then Allmight came in.  I'm made to go lay in bed. The doctor comes. "How you feeling Kirishima," she asked. "Like I got into a fight," I said. She starts working on my arm. She is pointing to the X-ray, "You see this right here, it's a piece of bone from your wrist," she said. A piece of my wrist bone had cleanly broke off. "I'm going to be honest with you're blood lost, you shouldn't be alert right now," she said. The police came in and started talking to me. I told them everything. I see the curtains pull back and there is Allmight standing there. Fear in his eyes. It  scares me to think about it.