TEMPTATIONS AND A GOOD FRIEND

This chappie is dedicated to my friend, Ade strange 😅😄😄😃🤩🤩

" That money is to shut you up, Mr. Anjola" said Popoola walking back to his sit.

Anjola didn't say anything. He stood up and walked out of the man's office.

Popoola pressed a button on his intercom

* Don't let that man leave this place.*

Anjola stopped in his track and felt the urge to go back to that office.

Meanwhile Popoola was communicating with his personal assistant,

* Sir, I don't see him * said his PA
* What do you mean by that? Can a man just disappear into thin air*

" That's because I didn't go far sir" said Anjola walking back to the man's office.

" Or so I see you've changed your mind " said Popoola smirking.

" You shouldn't conclude yet sir. I didn't come back for the filthy money " said Anjola in between gritted teeth

Popoola demeanor changed. And, it definitely showed discomfort.
" So what are you here for then? " asked Popoola after a long moment of silence between them

Anjola was trying to keep calm and not say something that he'd regret.

" I came to tell you the truth which apparently you don't know " said Anjola more calmly than ever.

" I'm listening " said Popoola trying to appear relaxed but internally he was very uncomfortable and feeling guilty.  Something he hasn't felt in a long while.

" You are a national rapist and pauper who can't fend for himself without getting involved in national robbery. You are the highest criminal. You don't know how it's feels to be cheated on your right by heartless people who have more than enough but are too selfless to give "

" You don't know what true Leadership is because if you knew you won't be doing what you are doing "

" Do you know what you are actually doing. You're not suffering the people but yourself. All the blessings that should come to you, will be curses from the people. Sir, if you still have a heart please stop what you are doing " said Anjola finally before walking out of the man's office.

Popoola felt bad about what he was doing. He felt remorse but it was cut short when a voice came out of his intercom after a few minutes.

* Sir, I've seen him. He's approaching the gate.*

* Don't stop him, let him go *

* But sir, you'd asked me...*

* I SAID LET HIM GO * shouted Popoola

*Uhmm, okay sir*

‡‡‡‡‡‡‡‡‡‡‡‡‡‡‡‡‡‡‡‡‡‡‡‡‡‡‡

Anjola drove out of Popoola's office not regretting what he said to him and drove straight to his friend's house, Ade.

Ade is Anjola's best friend. They are like twin brother. Ade is a linguistic teacher and a counselor in one of the best schools in Kwara state. He isn't just a mere teacher. He is an excellent teacher. All his student always come out the best. He wasn't only a teacher but a motivator. He made sure all the students, that pass through him and would pass through him, come out the best not only in academics but also character. They had a teacher who understood them and was able to say the right thing they needed at the right moments. So every student in that school always go to him for advice. Seeing this, the school authorities made him a counselor.
Anjola arrived at his friend's humble abode.