Veronica Black

Once there was a fourteen year old girl named Veronica black. She was the oldest of her siblings. She had two brothers. Year after year, she had pressure placed upon her that adults should only carry. Both of her parents worked almost each day and night at the local newspaper. On top of taking care of her brothers and herself, her parents told her that she was to get straight A's all through-out school. One day she had just gotten home with her brothers from a very long day at school. She didn't have any best friends to share it with because her parents thought that they were all a bad influence.

"Veronica, I need you to watch your brothers until your father and I come beack from work." her mom instructed her that afternoon.

"Okay..." she sighed.

"Oh, and start on your project too. I want it done before I get home."

"But mom, it just got assigned today."

"What is that tone of voice?"

"Nothing, mother."

"That's what I thought."

"It's not what I thought." Veronica mumbled, thinking that her mother didn't catch it.

"What did you just say?" Mrs. Black smacked Veronica, sending her tumbling onto a kitchen chair.

"Your father and I will be home later on tonight. We will both deal with you further then."

With that, both her parents left. As soon as they left, Veronica's two brothers started going crazy, running around the house. Usually, Veronica would be all over them trying to keep them under control. This time, she just sat at the kitchen table, her long, jet black hair covering her face.

Her brothers got suspicious after a while. They gathered at the kitchen doorway and the oldest one, Toby, broke the silence.

"Ver-Veronica?"

Nothing. After a few moments, their sister looked up at them. Her eyes were empty. Emotionless and empty, as if her soul had fled to a far away land, or had died. She looked back at the table and saw her trusty old spoon. This is a spoon she found in her yard one day with her grandma when she was five. She had kept it ever since.

She picked it up and hovered it above her arm. Looking at her two brothers, she dug the spoon into her flesh. Her eyes still full of nothing, empty. Her youngest brother, Zach, screamed and covered his eyes. Toby tried to tell her to stop, but her face was emotionless. She kept digging the spoon into her arm, until she scrapped bone. By the time Toby had called the paramedics, she had already started on the other arm.

When the ambulance got there, she had already bled to death...