Chapter 2: The first meeting...

Noah’s POV

I open the dark wooden door and let Betsy walk in first. She hesitates, so I gently hold her hand and lead her in Chiddy’s house.

I shut the door behind me and lead her to the lounge area. “So tell me, what’s your real name?” She questions, with a hint of clout in her voice.

I sigh and laugh for the fourth time. “Technically speaking, I’m Noah! No jokes, I’m serious,” I look around the living room for evidence.

“Tell you what. I’ll ask you some questions, and you’ll answer them. If these questions satisfy me, its your lucky day. If you’re just a giddy fanguy who’s just seeking attention from a blind girl, f**k off,” she does a mysterious half smile as she folds her arms. That makes me laugh even harder, so I slap my knee. She’s got an almighty self-esteem and great sense of humour. “Hahaha okay.”

“Question number one… Do you drive?”

‘No,” I confess, maintaining my seriousness.

She slightly smiles again.

“Just wondering, how old are you?” I attempt to ask her. I thought I may have said that too suddenly. I clear my throat to push away the awkwardness.

“Eighteen?” She sounds unsure. “Why?”

I’m surprised. To be honest, I thought she looked like sixteen! But I’m scared to admit that she looks younger; what if she’s the type of girl who’s always like that? I mean most girls are like that anyway.

“Yeah, I know what you’re thinking,” she laughs. “Don’t worry, everyone thinks I’m fifteen or sixteen!”

“You’re smokin’ hot though.”

Betsy’s face changes and looks down at the floor as the corner of her lips touch up, rather shyly.

I smile back even though she isn’t looking at me; she’s sort of looking at the ground.

“Hey, ask me some more questions!” I decide to change the mood. Its actually kinda fun, like an interview, except with a smokin’ hot girl…

“Having fun?” Chiddy interrupts with a tone of sarcasm, as he saunters down the stairs. His face doesn’t look too happy either. Uh oh.

“Yeah, lots of fun. What about you?” I reply wittingly.    

Chiddy looks at me as if I’m eating food off the floor. “I’ll just leave you alone, if that’s okay with you. Sorry, Betsy. It’s just never like this. Xaph is just being all giddy and—“

“Sorry… If I wasn’t there you guys wouldn’t be fighting... I have to go now anyway.”

I’m alarmed that we probably gave her a really bad impression so she would go away. “No, it’s not like that…”

“I have to go anyway, I’ve got late afternoon spin class,” Betsy sighs and holds firmly on the door handle. The fresh breeze coming from outside blows her amazing wavy locks of burgundy hair. That’s the last time I will definitely see her. Betsy’s mysterious dark eyes twinkle from the sunlight blasting through the window. Out of thousands and thousands of people, I’ll never see her again. Fans. So many people. The whole of Philly… The whole of America. The whole of the world. The whole of this universe. The whole world.

“WAIT!” I lunge towards Betsy.

Betsy’s eyes pop in alarm as she hears me suddenly jump right in front of her. “What is it?”

“I… Can I have your number?” I stammer.

“Wait… Pardon?”

“Your cellphone number…”