Chapter 6

Authors note: guess who's backkkk :)

Josh/Maya

Josh's POV:

I've never felt so happy before. Maya loves me, and I love Maya. She's been hurting for so long and all I want is to make her happy. I don't know how I managed to get her, but I may just be the luckiest man in the world.

"I love you too, Josh. I love you so much."

I play those words over and over again in my head, like a beautiful melody that I could never get tired of hearing.

Her eyes stare into my soul. I stare back. I can tell how much she hurts. I know how hard her childhood was. All I wish to do is take the pain away. She's letting down her guard for me. I've never felt so valued. She's trusting me with her heart, and I don't plan on breaking it.

I see a tear roll down her cheek and I gently wipe it away with my thumb.

"Maya, I'm so sorry. I'm so sorry you had to hurt so much. I don't ever want to make you feel like that. You are worth so much more than you know, and I plan on showing you exactly how much. Now, let's get some rest baby girl."

This is it. This is everything I wanted. I couldn't be any happier.

Then just like that,

I wake up.

No one is in bed next to me. I'm not even at my brothers house. How could it be a dream? It felt so real. I know now just how much it hurts to love someone so much and wake up without them there.

I have to tell her.

Authors note: Hi everyone! I've been contemplating what I should do to make this story more interesting. I love some of your ideas and will definitely be incorporating them into the story at some point! Comment more things you'd like to see, maybe characters you'd like to hear more of. 💕💕