Chapter Three: The Bad Man On the Phone

Katie came to hearing Lea squawk and squeal, "Lea?" she blinked and shook her head, "Lea!" she screamed, as she saw her friend in a bird cage. "Good you're awake," Rochelle said, as she uncrossed her legs, "Now, we will make this easy on you sweetheart. You tell me and my friend here how you got the dinosaur and if there are any more and we will let you go back to your mom and dad," she said smiling. Katie looked at her and turned away from her, "I won't tell you anything. Lea is my friend," she said. "Look you want to go back home? The only way that is gonna happen is if you tell us where you found the lizard and if any more are running around," she said. "No!" Katie yelled. Rochelle growled and she stood up and walked away, "You try talking to her," she hissed as she went to a corner.

Maurice nervously sat in the chair, "H-h-hello," he said, as he sat in front of Katie. Lea trilled and squawked as she rammed her side into the cage wall causing Maurice to jump, "Look just tell us if there are any more of your friend here we will let you bot go and that's it," he said. "I won't tell bad people anything," Katie said. Maurice gave a weary smile, "We aren't bad people," he said. "Liar! You kidnapped Lea and me. Now you want me to tell you if there are others, no way," Katie said her short hair swaying around her ears.

Rochelle walked over from the corner with a phone in her hand she pressed the screen, "You're on speaker boss," she said. "Hello little Katie, I'm going to put this simply. If you don't tell us what we want to know you'll never see your parents again," a man's voice said on the cell phone. "You can't do that!" she cried. "We can and we will," he said with a dark tone.

He hung up and Rochelle turned away from the three, "Let's give the kid some time to think," she said, as she walked away. Maurice followed her not looking back at Katie. Katie sat in shock her head hung low, 'I can't let them know that there are no more. They will just take Lea and I can't let them do that,' she thought.

"You don't think the boss meant what he said?" Maurice asked. "Who knows," Rochelle said, as she looked back at Katie and Lea, "I don't want to do this and he is coming," she said. Maurice sighed as he rubbed his face.

Katie was trying to come up with a way to escape when she felt something hit her finger and she realized it was the dinosaur claw, 'Yes!' she grabbed the claw and started to cut the rope she looked at Lea and cooed softly as she sawed at the rope. Finally breaking the rope, she undid the rope around her legs grabbed Lea her backpack and ran out of the area. Catching her breath she leaned against a crate and sighed, "Where is she? How did you loose her?!" a angry male voice shouted. Katie peeked as she saw Mr. McCoy stranding in front of Rochelle and Maurice they both looked terrified and confused. "Look for her you blimey idiots!" he hollered.