Chapter 1: How My Life Began

"THAT'S IT! ITS ALL I CAN TAKE! IM DONE!" Sarah screamed as she ran from the school's front door. It really wasn't her fault. The poor girl just had the worst day of her life. Her boyfriend, was found lip locking in the boys locker room... With the captain of the football team. Her homeroom teacher embarrassed her infront of the entire class by scaring her out of her seat after she fell asleep on the desk. And the breaking point? When the captain of the football team shoved her "accidentally" into the wall because she was jealous of his man. 

"MOM! I'm home! I'm staying home! FOREVER!" Sarah screamed as she ran to her room and slammed the door furiously. As soon as her rigid body hit her lumpy mattress she burst into tears and lay there sobbing until her mother came in. 

"Sarah, baby. Stop crying and tell me what happened today. I swear, if I have to go down to that school myself. This needs to stop." Her mother said angerly. Sarah's mom was good at this type of thing. She knew exactly what to do. She rubbed sarah's heaving back and shushed the sobs until all was quiet and Sarah could speak again. 

"I.. I j-just c-can't deal with this a-anymore m-mom." Sarah muttered with a sniffle. Sarah started to unfold her day to her mother. Every little detail.

-----

"Steven, you need to come home. Your daughter needs you! If you had any idea." Sarah's mom Beth began to lecture into the phone's voice mail. "You've been gone for 3 years now. It is her Junior year. She needs her father right now. Come home Steven. I'm begging you here." As she slammed her iPhone onto the counter. 

-----

Sarah could only listen to her mom beg her "father" on the phone. It only made her despair more. She quietly stood, silently wandered into the bathroom. She couldn't feel anything except cold. Her fingertips were numb. She didn't know what her own hands were about to do. She stood in front of the smudged bathroom mirror and began to cry once again. She didn't know how to keep doing this.

She found herself digging through the medicine cabinet to find her mothers pain killers. The little orange bottle stood in the far left on the third shelf. "I can do this". As she tried to convince herself that this was the only solution. She took the bottle of pills and a mouthful of water and swallowed. She hid the bottle in the trashcan and went to her bed to fall asleep. 

-----

"SARAH! BABY! Baby, p-please wake up! Sarah, come on. Wake up, please. Sarah. S-sarah." Beth cried out in pain as she held her daughters limp body in her shaking arms. She laid Sarah down and ran to call 9-1-1. 

As the paramedics work on Sarah's limp body, beth lay in the hall on the floor sobbing. 

Ten minutes pass until Beth hears an EMT say "I've got rhythm. Bag her and lets get her to the emergency room." Beth ran to the medics and followed them to the ambulance. Her little girl was alive. That's all that matters