gun

The soft clicking and shifting of the magnetic force wobbled in my hand. My mouth formed a line as I focused on its features. I fiddled with the little click thingy, I call it that because it made a click sound.

Heath walks the room to see me pointing the gun at myself. Now, I'm not stupid, so I can feel the tense situation of misunderstanding. Heath looks at me as we interlock eyes for the longest time. I feel the slightest feeling of panic looking into his screaming eyes. The awkwardness overwhelmed me as I scattered towards the window; Open with the clementine sun shining in all its glory. I hop out of the window, landing on the roof below me and continuing to run. Heath follows promptly, shouting various combinations of words like "Get back here!" Or "Dude we need to talk!". I slink onto my 3rd roof and notice my energy deteriorating from its normal vigilance.

Sliding down the slick angle, I land in a bush and waste no time to get back up on my feet. Finding an alleyway is much harder than you'd think when you're scatterbrained. I settled for a small one with a few dusky puddles and a singular trash can. I think I could've gotten farther but perhaps the alley choosing wasn't very smart, since it was open and I couldn't fit in the trashcan. Dumpster would've been better.

Heath tackled me with his normal strength of a beaver combined with a bear and strangled me for two minutes before remembering that I have to breath.

"Lucas!"

Apparently, me, Lucas, had mistaken this act of deprivation of oxygen for a hug. He needs to work on his hugging.

"Lucas, what the fuck was that?"

"I found it in your underwear drawer. When you saw me fiddling I figured you'd think I was gonna be stupid or somethin, so I guess you could say I gunned it." I snickered.

Heath looks dissapointed, but his frown slowly relaxes into a smirk as he kisses me on the cheek. The puddle that we were laying in was warmer than I thought it would be.

'Summer is nice, I guess.'

"...is that it?"

"Linda, if you dont like my stories you shouldn't ask."

"No no, I liked it, it was just a bit unorthodox, y'know? Like, Heath could've cried, doesn't he love you more than that Lucas?"

I smacked her arm, making the cigarette fall from her fingers.

"You're a drama queen."