Prologue

Roald is the only penguin in the beautiful town of Mozzavil, but because of that he decided that it was finally time to move away to seek something better. He had no ideas of where to go until one day he saw the billboard that would change his life. A billboard for Nook Inc's deserted island getaway package. Roald could finally move to an island with less people and (probably) more penguins! He was overjoyed. He hasn't felt this much excitement since he was in elementary school. Dashing home, Roald starts packing his bags immediately. A few hours later with Roald all packed and his flight booked he puts on his pajamas, flops onto his bed and falls asleep wondering what it would be like to truly turn over a new leaf in his life.

Roald wakes up to see the lights of Mozzavil for the last time. He puts on his favorite plaid shirt, grabs his bags and runs out the door to the Mozzavil train station."Do you have a ticket?" says Chimp, the monkey in the ticket booth. Roald rummages through his pocket to find the ticket. He places it on the counter as Chimp lets him on the platform. Roald walks through the gate to find out his train has been delayed until an hour later. "Well, there's no turning back now" he thought, staring at the tracks. There was nobody else at the train tracks at the time so Roald was able to sleep on the bench, but he stopped himself because if he missed his train he never would have had the opportunity that was coming for him.

When the train pulled up to the station Roald gladly walked to the back of the train and sat down. The train ride was pretty quiet as train rides go which gave Roald lots of time to think until the train stopped at the Dodo Airport station. He needed to consider if this was really what he wanted to do, if it wasn't he'd be stuck in a false paradise for the rest of his penguin life,what if everyone else bullies him and what if there's not enough to eat and he starves. With all that in mind he still tried to relax for the next few hours before the train stopped.

The airport seemed strangely emptier than normal. While holding in all his anxieties he walks inside the airport to see no one but the unenthusiastic airport employees. He anxiously handed in his plane ticket and obtained his boarding pass. He didn't have a carry-on so that made baggage check incredibly fast and he was the only one there so obviously there wasn't much of a line-up. He didn't have to worry about being late to his flight so he wanted to walk around the airport a bit more. He didn't see much other than some bathrooms that looked like they haven't had a good cleaning for at least 6 years. He was going to keep going forward until he saw the security guards standing there. They started talking into their walkie-talkies about the plane boarding early but Roald didn't care that much. He could walk back pretty fast. After sitting in the terminal for a few minutes until an announcement came on "All passengers on Dodo Airlines flight 21684, your flight is ready to board". "Well I'm already in the terminal" Roald thought. He scanned his boarding pass, walked inside the small plane and calmly looked for his seat. There weren't many seats to begin with so he found his pretty quickly. After sitting in his seat for a few minutes he realized he was the only one on the plane other than the pilot and co-pilot. Roald was fine with that so he simply fell asleep waiting for what was to come.

After being on the plane for what seemed like ages Roald stepped out to see his two other potential friends on this island.