Chapter 1

Grimsley was never one for trying to get girls' attention. he was used to them flocking to them like a herd of Starly. But, she was so different. Here he stood in the halls of the Kalos Pokemon league. Every gym leader, every elite four member, every champion stood in the same rooms the dark master. 

There she stood in the corner, completely cut off the rest of the part. Her long deep green hair flowing down to waist. The black dress hugging her curves perfectly, contrasting her Snow White pale skin, her eyes sealed shut broadcasting her dark heavy makeup. Grimsley was caught in a trance, the most beautiful girl in the room and she was alone. He could see her sigh and er body relax against the wall. Her eyes eventually opened and revealed her pricing green eyes, an exact match to her hair. He was at a lost for words, contemplating whether or not it was worth the gamble. He reached for the coin in his suit jacket pocket, 

Heads, say hello and introduce himself, and tails, walk away hoping that their paths will cross again. He was ready to flip while he felt a hand on his shoulder. He spun around to see Burgh, his  flamboyant childhood friend. "Looks like someone is interested, I wouldn't get your hopes up Grim, she's always like that." he spoke out, trying to reassure his friend. "Who is she anyways?" Grimsley questioned towards the bug gym leader. "You mean you don't know?" Grimsley shook his head, singling his answer, no. "That, my friend. Is Zyneon's very own Pokemon League Champion, Lucinda Nightwing; she masters in ghost type Pokemon." Grimsley looked over to his friend in disbelief. The woman standing in the corner was the Zyneon's champion? It made his head turn, he didn't understand why she was doing it? Attention? No, she didn't seem like the type, perhaps the opposite. 

She finally lifted herself from the corner over to the bar, she sat quietly while she waited for her red wine to appear in front of her. She smiled when she held it up to her lips. "Grimsley, please don't get yourself hurt, she's known to be ruthless and mischievous." "Burgh, as much as I appreciate the advice, this is a gamble I can't miss out on. I at least want to know why she bothered to come to this pointless party if she was gonna sit alone the whole time." Burgh sighed. "It's not pointless Grim, it's supposed to be fun. Besides tomorrow we have the little tournament, I'm sure you'd love to see her battle. " Grimsley sighed, the same expression that burgh wore only moments ago. "Fine, but I'm still gonna go say hello." "Well, I can't stop you, but don't come crying to me when she's too much handle. I'll be with Wallace if you need me." As burgh walked away Grimsley's eyes never left the Zyneonian Champion. The way her long slender legs wrapped around the other, her high heeled black combat boots were a nice touch. 

Grimsley was stuck, its like she used mean look on him, paralyzed in place. The way she held herself, such confidence, such a dark aura. She was so unlike any other trainer he had encountered, even other ghost specialists. He finally mustered up the courage, taking one step, and then another.  Her body not shifting as he approached, he stood towering over the ghost type master. She smirked, opening one of her eyes to look up at the dark elite four. "I hope you know its in-polite to stare" He chuckled. "And its also in-polite to ignore everyone in the room." She laughed, she placed her now almost empty glass back down as her turned to face Grimsley. He took in all of her features, now in detail. Her slightly noticeable blonde roots gripping onto her head, her long lashes covering her eyelids. But one feature stood out more than anything, along gaping scar from the top right of her forehead down to her lips. It was faint, was it time? Or was it just her foundation covering it. He let his eyes wonder down her body, but he was shocked when he saw more scars covering her arms, and more slashed across her neck. These much more apparent than the one on her face; she chucked as she notice Grimsley's eyes all over her. 

"Like what you see?" She smirked. Confusion wore itself like a mask on Grimsley's face, he could have never prepared himself. Burgh was further from the truth. She was so much like himself, and yet so different. "I guess I should introduce myself, my name is Lucinda; Zyneon's very own Ghost user and beloved Champion. It's an honor to meet you...""Grimsley" "Honor to meet you Grimsley. Now tell me, why come speak to me when I bet there many other fantastic trainers who'd love to be in your presence." The green haired champion questioned. "A little caterpie told me you might be lonely." He pointed towards the green haired artist across the room. She just looked at him, smirking. "Is that so? Interesting." 

She finished off that glass of red in her hands, hours dragged on, her and Grimsley spending their night talking, drinking glass after glass of red wine together. It was ungodly late, 3am or even later, they didn't know, nor care. There, they stood in the elevator, the sexual tension almost unbearable. Grimsley being the gentleman he is, offered to walk the Ghost master to her room on the top floor being returning to his own chambers for the night. The doors opened and they made their exit and he slowly followed her, watching every step she took. 

"Well handsome, this is my stop. Thank you for tonight, It was a pleasure spending it with you." She, for the first time tonight gave a genuine smile. "My pleasure" He took her hand into his and kissed it gently, raising a faint blush upon the champions cheeks. He put it down gently before nodding and turning, only taking a few steps before the Champion spoke once more. "Oh, and Grimsley."  He turned back to her, watching her smile grow more. "I'm so glad you chose heads." Before she unlocked her door with card key and slipping into the room and out of the dark trainers' sight.