Prologue

• Dedicated to Sarah Lizzie White

Prologue

Once upon a time in a far away land is such a cliche way to start any story, and it's certainly not how I plan to start mine. Writing down the story of my life is going to be a challenging and potentially tedious task, but in light of recent events is something I feel I have to do.

Like all good stories, this one starts at the begining; with the start of a new life. Evangeline Rose Thatcher was found on the eve of midsummers day by Isabella Thatcher outside the village bakers shop. That's me by the way, Evangeline, but most people just call me Eva. It's not the most glamorous start to life, but it gets better. Trust me.

I grew up in the friendly neighbourhood town of Benningsdale with my mother and without a single care in the world. As I grew up however, I began to notice I was different from normal girls of my age. Whilst all the other girls flounced hautily down the street in their lace gowns, I prefered the comfort of a pair of trousers and the less public location of the makeshift archery range in the woods. Most girls my age giggled in the prescence of 'young men', but more than often I found that I liked much better being around boys my age than girls. In fact, my best childhood friend, Alec, was a boy.

And no, this isn't the story of how I discovered I was a man in a woman's body. This is more like the story of a girl that did the saving instead of waiting around to be saved. This is my story.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

A/N: Hey guys! So I'm back again :) I know I haven't been at all active for like a year and I'm sorry, I had to focus on doing well in my GCSE's. ANYWAY I'm back writing again! And hopefully I'll stick around for more than a few chapters this time!! I originally started writing this when I was angry and needed something to take my mind off things, and I'd forgotten how good writing-therapy was!! I realise this probably isn't going to get many reads but thank you everyone who has taken the time to read my scribblings xD

All feedback encouraged!!