The BAFTAs

Christoph felt his interview had gone extremely well. It was certainly one of the better interviews. For one, the interviewer got his name correct. It was one thing when non-Germans pronounced his last name with the English pronunciation rather than the German. That was different and that was understandable. But he was growing awfully tired of people who said his first name as 'Christopher' rather than Christoph. 

This interview was very good. The interviewer asked intelligent questions, pronounced his name correctly, and she even seemed to take his explanation of Hans Landa's character with a great deal of interest. She admitted to not having thought of it that way before, and that she had a whole new outlook on antagonist characters entirely. That was all Christoph wanted -- for someone to get it.

After the interview was finished, Christoph left very satisfied and he picked up a cup of coffee to go before he returned to the hotel. He wondered how Amaya's day at the spa went. He hoped that she had enjoyed herself. All he wanted was to provide an opportunity for her to be pampered when he was not there to do it himself.

The taxi he took back to the hotel dropped him off at the front, and he took the elevator up to his floor. When he opened the door, it almost felt a bit like he had returned home. Not because necessarily because he felt at home in this hotel, but because that is where Amaya wherever she was is where Christoph always felt his happiest.

*          *          *

After getting her hair styled, Amaya found a small cafe nearby and sat to grab a little bite to eat. She studied a tourist map of the city, and Amaya figured out that she was not far from Buckingham Palace. She wanted to go have a closer look at those guards, and she had just enough time to do so. After eating her sandwich, she took a short ride in her private car to the Palace and took pictures with her iPhone. She looked at the guards, but as she suspected, they really did not talk or move. She got her picture taken with the guards at the gate, and then she headed back to the hotel.

Once she was there, Amaya changed into the beautiful gown she had bought just for this occasion. The dress that Amaya was wearing was a deep green satin gown with an asymmetrical shoulder strap. The color of the gown served to bring out the intensity of her natural green eyes; besides purple, it was also a beautiful color on her. The skirt of the gown was full and seemed to float on air when she walked, and it just barely swept the floor. Her hair had one of those side French braids that culminated in beautiful curls off her bare shoulder. She had brought with her a small bottle of perfume and gave a light spray of it. Too much and it would be overkill and she would smell like a French whore house. Then, she put on her dangling silver teardrop earrings. 

Amaya heard the door unlock as she was sitting on the couch putting on her high heels. Christoph entered the living room and saw her entirely dressed up, her hair done, and the faint smell of her sweet perfume. His eyes widened and his lips stretched into a wide smile.

"Amaya, you look so stunning! You're also glowing, did you enjoy the spa?" he asked, approaching her so her could kiss her lips.

Christoph approached her and offered a sweet kiss. "You know, I can see your nipple piercings through that dress."

Amaya grinned mischievously into his kiss. "I know."

"Quite bold, my dear."

"Well, I'm kind of hoping for a good fucking tonight."

"Oh, you may get that anytime you want, Liebling."

Amaya kissed him again. "Thank you for the spa day. It was really nice. I saw Melanie there." 

"You saw Melanie? How is she?"