CHAPTER TWO

"Goodbye, Mr. Bustamante and Ms. Garcia!"

"Thanks, Belle!"

"Thank you! Thank you talaga!" I shook the hands of his assistant. And we walked towards the elevator together. Awkward silence. But I can feel the heat and tension of his heavy breathing. Ang tagal naman mag-basement.

"So, you're still in College?" Finally, he cracked the silence.

"Yep! Na-delay for two years cos of family matters but I'm graduating!"

"I see. What's your plan after you graduate?"

"Uhm.. actually I want to start my own firm pero our CEO is convincing me to work for them pagka-graduate. They'll absorb me for a regular position."

"So you're good?" Grabe, one-liner lang talaga siya kung mag-tanong. I don't know if napipilitan lang ba siya na kausapin ako or he really wants to have this conversation with me.

"Siguro? But I'm still thinking if I'll accept the job or not." Elevator opens. We walked towards his black Aston Martin DB11. What a sexy car. Of course, sexy din yung owner. And may sumalubong na two men in suits.

"I'll drive for the rest of the night. I'll bring my Corvette." May isa pa siyang car? Of course... "I'll take this girl home. Let's go?" He looked at me and leads the way to his car. GIRL? HOME?

He opened the car door for me and inintay niya ko makasakay. He really is a gentleman. Natalia, please stop fantasizing. This is just a compensation. Compensation for the HASSLE.

"So, what you were saying?" Starts his engine and drove. So he wanted to go back to our previous conversation. Okay, okay. "Where do you live?"

Opened my navigation map and placed it on his dashboard. He looked at it. "Here."

"Okay." I can't help but to look at his arms while we holds the steering wheel. He looked at me and I was startled. Sana he won't think that I'm always looking at him. "Anyway, so what you were saying again? Internship?"

"Ah yes. So yun, they wanted me to absorb and work for the company officially after I graduate."

"What's the company?"

"Castillo Builders Inc."

"Ah.. Samuel Castillo." His mood changed. Oo nga pala. I almost forgot. They are the biggest rivals in our industry but still, he remains number one. "Do you want to work there? Honestly?"

"Uhm... I'm still thinking about it. But I really wanted to start my own firm kasi."

"But you need experience."

"True pero how will I know if I won't try."