11 - Cheers to the wish you were here but you're not

Sunday of the birthday weekend

Song used: Memories – Maroon 5

Beca wakes up with a slight hangover. She wasn't sure if she was still drunk but she can hear Chloe in the room singing lover.

Lover was stuck in Chloe's head. Beca kept humming it to her last night randomly so she woke up and couldn't stop singing it even though she didn't really know the words.

She was getting ready for another day of celebration, the last night. It all came by so fast. She thinks she saw Beca move so she stopped singing right away. But she thinks it's too late. Beca's heard her.

"Why'd you stop?" Beca says while pressing her hand to her throbbing head.

Chloe grabbed the glass of water and aspirin and handed it to Beca. "Here. This should help."

Beca sat up and took it. "Thanks."

"Sorry if I woke you."

"You didn't. Keep singing for me? I think it'll help with my hangover."

Now that Beca's heard Chloe singing again she thinks it is one of the things she's missed the most. Back when they were living together, Chloe would always be singing around the apartment. It's mostly her songs she sings cause Beca makes her listen to her tracks to ask her what she thinks about them.

"I beg to differ. I think it'll make it worse. I'll see you out there?"

Beca sees Chloe was actually ready and all dressed up.

"Were you waiting for me?"

Chloe was. "What? No. I was putting on make up." Chloe lied.

"Right... You look nice." Beca mentally slapping herself. She blames the hangover.

Chloe could feel her cheeks warming up at that simple compliment. "Thank you. Now go shower and look alive for everyone. After last night, they're all surely waiting for you."

Beca started to worry if she did anything embarrassing last night.

"Why? Did I do anything funny last night?" Beca wasn't blackout drunk but some parts of the night were definitely blurry.

Chloe just laughs and it doesn't ease Beca's worries.

"See you out there Bec."

And then it hits Beca. She looks down at her clothes.

"Oh god." She thinks there's no way in hell her drunk self would've been able to wash up and change into her jammies.

______________________________________________________________________

"How is she?" was the first thing people asked Chloe the moment she stepped out in the backyard. She finds the whole thing lovely but it warmed her heart how much her family was obviously concerned about Beca.

She found herself with Holly and just by the look on her older sister's face she knows what she's about to say.

"Chloe."

"I know, okay. I've been beating myself up already the whole morning."

"I haven't said anything hun."

"You don't have to. Your face says it all."

"The kids have been gushing about Beca all weekend." Holly says with raised eyebrows.

"She's been really good with them." Beca did have that close bond with her nephew and nieces. Actually, with all of her family.

This weekend really showed how much her family missed having Beca around too. They were very fond of Beca even from back when they had just started dating.