Part 14

forests pov

the ten miniutes went way to fast. I just avoided all eye contact, I blocked out all noises, I focused on a tiny stain on the floor. I mean I was staring at it but I also wasn't. I think I was either falling asleep or meditating. mum walked up to me after about 7 minutes and pulled me into a hug. i didn't even try to hide my discomfort or wince.

Then the previous participants of the court began filing out some with large smiles in their faces and other angered. They where all about mid Fourties and most gave us a few sympathetic looks. Do we really look that worried.

Soon after some randomer told us to come in. The twins, Charlie, dex, dad and I sat with my mum in the stands because there wasn't exactly enough space on the defendants stand. Anyway people started filing in and sitting in different places. I only recognized aunt Katie and uncle Pete as well as my cousin grace. All in my mums side.

Someone walked into the room and said "all rise" so we stood and then the judge walked in then sat down. Damn these guys need to chill. Next thing i knew someone said something about sitting down so I did.

"So, it says here that your filing for a divorce however you are not sure who should have custody of the kids. Okay..." from this point forth each of us where asked questions which we swore upon outh to answer truthfully. I can't remember much of what I said or anything else which the boys had said. I just remember mum saying,

"There my kids not his, what makes him have any right to take them from me...they love me more than him anyway" I need to breath. It's so hard to find clean air inside of this stuffy room is almost suffocating.

It's coming near the end and it's dadas turn to speak. I don't want to listen to this. What if he messes up? Nope okay block it out. Think about something else. Oh what if there's a mind reader in here. I could confuse the shit out of them. No that's impossible. Or not. Oh dads finished. Good. Bad. Idk.

Oh I wonder what's for tea. Maybe the mind reader can get dinner with me. Hey mind reader, do you wanna get food after this? I won't tel anyone who you are I promise. Oh god I'm so stupid. Oh no everyone's gone quite again.

Teegans pov
Everyone looked different, Charlie and dexter looked angry and also sad while me and twin number two just look worried and slightly pissed. Forest on the other hand. Well forest looks like he's deep in thought. It looks like it's really important and he keeps shaking his head almost in a disapproving way. He didn't look sad or worried just there. Maybe he's just rlly good at hiding his emotions or he has none. Ooh what if he's a sociopath! Anyway dad is looking like he's about to cry while Charlie's mum looks happy almost. like vengeful.

"Okay the jury has come to a decision." Somehow the silence became even more quite. I can hear everyone's breath hitch as we begin to listen intently but I have a good feeling about this. I'm gonna end up with 5 brothers and no more stupid ass mum.

"Charlie, Dexter and...oh umm... you two are under the custody of teegan and seans father. And forest..." the judge looks hesitantly at the jury and looks the deranged mum in the  eyes. And then he looks dead in forests eyes.

"Forest you are being put under custody of your blood related mother." He loudly hits the wood with his weird hammer. That's is not right. That is not fucking right.

"NO FUCK YOU! Forests my brother he stays with us. WHATS WRONG WITH YOU?!" Shit dexter has a tiny monster hidden in there.

Dexters pov
No this is so ducking ridiculous. He's my brother. We've spent all these years getting him ready for the real world. Toughening him up and he's the one who always loves us when we needed to let our anger out even if we hurt him in the process. I'm not letting this stand.

"NO FUCK YOU. Forests me brother he stays with us. WHATS WRONG WITH YOU!" Everyone looked shocked except Charlie. Charlie taught me to look out for myself like I've been trying to do with forest for the past nine years of his life. there not taking this away from me or him.

I look over at Charlie. He's just frozen in fear? Anger? No he's just shocked. And forest oh shit. He's crying. No I'm not good at helping with this. Nor is Charlie. Okay leaving mum ain't the worst. She's never there for us, is always rude mean and verbally abusive, doesn't feed us or actually care. She's always drunk or high. I mean okay she's pretty shitty and we probably better of without her but leaving forest alone with her? Damn.

"Sorry, dexter...the court has spoken. I'm sure it was the best decision."

Well shit.

Jay🦊
Also sorry for not updating in so long I'm working on finding motivation.