Chapter 11

Jungkook

The peaceful night breeze whispers against my face, as I watch the twinkling city lights shine like fireflies and create a breathtakingly beautiful scenery.

This view never ceases to amaze me.

"It's been a while since I last came here. Literally almost a year ago." I utter breaking a long silence.

"A year ago !?" Sara asks, turning her gaze towards me.

"Yes, on my last birthday" I reply.

"Why- I mean, when is your birthday? " The curious expression on her face caused a slight smile to tug at the edges of my lips.

"You don't know ?!! C'mon, it's all over the internet! Don't act like you don't know! You want me to believe that you never actually Googled me? No way !"I say taking my hands out of my pockets to cross my arms, pretending to be in disbelief.

"Oh, Lord! Well, I think  'How to be less arrogant ?' is what YOU need to Google! The only thing I actually Googled was the address of your company to find you and give you your wallet back, THAT WAS LITERALLY IT! And I'm sorry to break it out for you, but I didn't go as far as to look for your birth date or any other information, because, I mean, no offense but knowing that you're a K-pop guy was enough ..." She pulls her gaze away from mine after rolling her eyes at me. "I-I'm sorry"

How sassy ...! 

"A-Actually, I was just joking but- " I giggle nervously, as I was not expecting that sort of answer, but I guess I asked for it!

"Oh God, what's wrong with me ?! That was a bit of a stretch, I didn't mean to say that. Listen Jungkook, I-I'm really sorry I-" she interrupts me with a panicked expression on her face.

I couldn't help but let my smile slowly widen across my face when I noticed how embarrassed she got, fiddling with the hem of her sleeves.

"I really am, and I'm not just trying to redeem myself right now, I genuinely don't think there's anything wrong with what you do. Maybe I did before, but it was because of... all the stupid stereotypes I believed in and that you actually proved to be wrong and inaccurate. I honestly think you're a great artist and I'm sure you deserve every bit of success you have right now" she says it all in one breath, with a look of guilt and regret in her eyes.

"Hey, it's fine, seriously it's nothing! Don't worry, I don't feel offended at all! To be fair, I asked for it, but... thank you, I really appreciate your kind words though" Unable to look away from the sight of her flustered face, I give her a warm genuine smile.

I can hear my heart pound and thrum in my ears. It's so loud that, as hard as I try to not pay attention to it and want to talk over it, it gets even louder.

"By the way, you still didn't answer my question" Sara almost whispers, as she slowly looks up flashing me a shy grin, with a very noticeable blush upon her cheeks.

"Ah, my birthday! It's on the 1st of September"

"Oh my god, that's in like... 9 days !!" she raises her eyebrows as her eyes widen with sudden shock.

"Yes, it is! When is yours ?" I avail myself of this opportunity to ask her.

"Mine's on the 1st of December" she answers with a cute smile.

"Oh wow, you were born on the first day of the month too! "

" Oh my God yes, that's so weird"