Chapter 2: A New Start (Adrian's P.O.V)

2

        I'm so broken that I can feel it. I mean, physcially feel it. This is so much more than being sad now. This is affecting my whole body now. I struggle with sleeping, or I should say I don't sleep hardly at all. Sleep never comes to me, my mind is racing with unpleasant thoughts. Thoughts that I wish would just leave me already. I struggle with suicidal thoughts every single day and no body knows the extent of how much I wish I were dead, with my father. Anywhere is better than here...with her. 

        My father died in a car accidnet a few months back. Our life was finally getting better; mom had just quit the drugs and dad was more than five years sober from alcohol. But just one drunk driver and a stormy night changed that all. The police said that the drunk driver was driving down the wrong side of the road heading straight towards my father who was coming home from work. They said that the rain was coming down too hard for him to see the lights coming straight at him, or maybe he did and it was just too late to swerve out of the way. Either way, I don't have my father anymore. 

        Since then, we sold our house in Blaine and moved to Lake Elmo, Minnesota. Mom said she needed a change and Lake Elmo was just it. She used my survival benefits that I had gotten from father and the money he had left behind to buy our new house. It's okay. But it'll never be home. They say home is where the heart is right? Well, my heart is 6ft below ground, with my father. 

        Now that it's just my mom and I, she's started the drugs again. She said she needed the comfort they gave her and the escape she needed from her horrible reality she had to live in. In a way I understand her, but still it's not the way. She's spending all our money on the drugs, she doesn't even have a job. 

        I lazily got up from my warm, enchanting bed and walked to my bathroom. I turned the cold water on high and splashed my face with it, just so I could wake up, hopefully from this nightmare of my life. I dried my face off and looked at myself in the mirror. I was decent, I guess. My black hair swopped accross my face and my lip was pierced. Other than that I was plain. My skin was slightly darker than pale, and I was approximately six feet tall. I was't too skinny nor was I chubby, I was as you say toned, I suppose.

        Frankly, I didn't hate myself as much as I hated my life. Today I had to begin a horrible first day of school. I'm going to walk into the school with a smile on my face like nothings wrong, pretend that everythings alright, act like it's all perfcet, even though inside it really hurts...and I don't know how much more I can take.

        I've never liked school, then again who really does? Other than those typical nerds, but I'm prettty sure they hate it too sometimes. Like come on, highschool sucks and I really can't wait to graduate and move as far away from this state and my mother as possible; start all over. Sometimes thats all you need, a fresh start in a new place where no one knows you. I guess this is sort of like a fresh start, starting in a new school and new town. But fresh starts like these are never good, especially in a high school because lets face it, teenagers are cruel creatures and thrive off of drama and hurting others if thats what makes them "cool". 

        I slipped on some black skinny jeans, a blue plaid shirt and a black beanie. I looked once more into the mirror and grabbed my book bag and headed out into the great big world, or in other words, Lake Elmo, Minnesota. The weather wasn't too bad, yet. Minnesota has a tendency to skip seasons, like from 80 degreee summer weather to 10 degree winters in a matter of days. Minnesota is quite bipolar and I very much hate it. 

        I walked to the end of the street and waited for the bus to come. A few moments later a girl walked up. She was ignoring the worl at the moment. Her music was so loud, I could hear it blasting through her headphones. I didnt blame her, I'd be doing the same if I hadn't blown the speakers on mine. Which reminds me, after school I'll have to run to Walmart or something to buy a new pair because it horrible going more than a few days without headphones to ignore people with.