five

hey girlypops!!!

warning: sadness ensues

i hope you like it. 💛

jack woke up tuesday morning and he didn't want to wake up. he wanted to stay in bed all day. jack sat up and rubbed his tired eyes. he was exhausted. it was six in the morning. jack shook jonah's back who was still asleep next to him.

"jojo it's time to get up." jack's voice was raspy.

jonah shuffled and turned onto his back and slowly sat up. he stretched his arms over his head. "i'm gonna head home and take a shower. i'll meet you at school. you'll be okay right?"

jack nodded and slowly stood up. jonah gave him a quick hug before leaving. jack didn't want to take a shower so he got did everything else before going downstairs and eating what ava made for him and drinking his coffee.

"jacky? are you okay?" ava set a hand on his arm.

jack put a smile on his face. "yeah i'm good. just tired. jonah stayed over last night."

"are you sure?" ava for sure didn't believe him.

"yep. now let's go." jack put his plate and cup in the dishwasher before grabbing his keys.

ava just nodded and followed him out to his car. the drive to school was the same as usual. jack parked his car and said goodbye to his younger sister before leaving his car. he found his friends and put a fake smile on his face. the warning bell rang so jack parted ways with his friends. he walked down the hall.

his eyes met with zach's who was walking with two girls. jack quickly looked away and kept his head down. he was almost to the classroom when someone clipped his shoulder. jack stumbled and ran into a girl. he quickly apologized and looked behind him to see ethan smirking at him. jack swallowed and quickly walked into the classroom. he sat in his spot and rested his head on the desk.

he just wanted to go home.

it was right before lunch and zach was trying to get jack to talk to him. "jack please? it'll be quick."

"i'm sorry but i can't talk to you right now." jack shook his head and walked into the lunch room. he swung the doors open and zach followed him in. the once chattering and loud cafeteria was suddenly quiet. expect jonah who was being held back by corbyn and daniel.

"i swear to god i'm gonna kick your ass!" jonah all but roared at the shorter boy.

"ah just the two boys i wanted to see." ethan walked over to the two boys with a smirk on his face.

jack's eyes widened and his hands started to shake. "you didn't."

"oh but i did fruitcake." ethan clicked the button as the video started playing on the projector. ethan turned to the cafeteria. "guess everyone here didn't know hockey star jack avery was such a fag huh?"

jack lost his breath and stumbled backwards. tears welled in his eyes and flowed down his cheeks. he couldn't say anything. he felt like everything was happening in slow motion, especially what happened next.

zach tapped ethan's shoulder. the boy turned around with a glare on his face. zach rolled his eyes and punched ethan across the face without hesitation. ethan stumbled back and fell to the ground, gripping his cheek. everyone in the room gasped and froze. zach crouched down and grabbed the remote from the ground. he turned off the projector.

"you're a bastard you know that? who the fuck raised you to be such an arrogant little bitch? huh? did you not learn basic manners as a kid or are you just that fucking stupid?" zach paused as if he was waiting for ethan to answer him.