The Key To My Heart

Okay this is  a short story that I thought of because of this song I learnt in the 5th grade. My twin brought it up and I instantly got the idea. Hope you guys like it :)

________________________________________________________________________________

Since lately this song has been stuck in my head. I learnt it a long time ago but for some reason I can't get it out of my head. It was about a man who offered everything to a woman who did nothing but reject him. It was something like a duet but why would that be stuck in my head? What's wrong with me. . . ?

My name is Caleb, I'm 16 and I'm the heir to a multi- million dollar company owned by my parents, but you could never tell because of the way I dress. Mom offers to take me shopping but I always decline. If someone can't love me for me then I don't even want them to like me. My bestfriend usually tells me how weird I am because of how I see the world. She says I should change my perspective but I don't see the point in that.

As I sat in my room I thought of the most beautiful and popular girl in my school. Her name was Ashley Simmonds. She would never give me the time of day.

My door opened.

"Are you in here moping again?" I looked up and saw Sarah walk into the room. I didn't answer. "Dude as your bestfriend I am telling you to move on, there are plenty of other fish out there."

"Yeah but none as pretty."

She looked at me pretending to take offense. "So am I a toad or something?"

"Heaven's no, I think of you more as a frog since you have clear skin." I said with a smile. She glared at me. "What? You asked." She rolled her eyes then sat on my bed. I had known Sarah since Kindergarten there was no way she could be more than a friend to me. Infact she was like a sister. "Hey do you remember that song we learnt in 5th grade?"

"The Key to My Heart?"

"Yeah." I answered reminiscently. It was good to know that I wasn't the only one who remembered it.

"What about it?"

"Nothing, I was just wondering. I can't get it out of my head."

"How could you? When we learnt it you wouldn't stop singing it in my ear, especially the last part." I chuckled. The last part was my favourite.

"So anyways tomorrow I'm gonna confess my feelings to Ashley."

"Ew why?" She hated her. "She doesn't deserve you, you need someone who knows you, who knows what makes you upset, what makes you laugh, how to calm you down-"

"You mean someone like you?"

"I didn't say that." She said briskly. Since recently she's been acting kinda weird but I told myself I wouldn't think about it so I ignored her comment. Tomorrow Ashley would definitely know how I felt.

The next morning only the first line of the song kept playing in my head. I will give you the key to my heart so we may live and never part if you marry me. It was weird. That was the only part of the song that played. I saw Ashely out in the front of the school  and I called to her. She seemed to not have heard me so I called louder. Her friends began to laugh. I walked over to them.

"Hey Ashely can I talk to you for a moment?"

She looked back at her friends who all laughed. Sarah walked over to us, she couldn't believe I was really going to do this. Ashley's friend told her they would see her later then they left.

"What do you want?"

"Well I kinda like you and I was wondering if we could go out some time." She said nothing but kept staring. "Look I'm not like those other guys you date, I am always faithful and we'll be really happy together." I waited anxiously for her response.