Chapter 3

Hunters POV
When I arrive at the hospital I walk up the the desk and say "is it possible to have a paternity test done." The nurse looks up and says "yeah, do you have a sample from you and your father." I shake my head and say "no but I believe he is in your system." She nods and says "what is his name." I reply "Matthew Casey." She nods so I hand mine and Chases samples over. She raises her eyebrow so I say "I have a twin brother." She nods and says "I will take these down now and have them marked as urgent." I nod and say "when will you have the results." She looks up at the clock and says "in about an hour." I nod and say "thank you," before I walk out to the waiting room.

After an hour the nurse walks into the waiting room. When she sees me she walks over and hands me two sheets of paper. I smile and she walks back in so I walk home.

When I get there Chase is sat on the couch. He looks at me and says "have you got the results." I nod and say "both are a positive match, I'm asking mom about it later." He nods and says "I'm going upstairs to start typing up the interviews." I nod and sit down on the couch before watching Netflix.

When mom gets home she looks at me and says "is everything ok." I shake my head and say "no it's not why did you lie to me and Chase about our father, we know he is a firefighter." She sighs and says "I didn't want you to grow up thinking your father wasn't going to come home one day," I stand up and say "so instead you tell us that he was a addict who overdosed, that was low mom, even for you." I then walk upstairs and go into our bedroom to see Chase lying in bed. He sighs and says "you and mom weren't exactly quiet," I smile and say "oh well." I then grab a duffel bag and start packing my stuff up. Chase looks at me so I say "I can't stay here after finding out she has lied to us our whole lives." He nods and starts packing his bag.

When we are done I walk into moms room and open her safe before grabbing stacks of the money she keeps in there. I then walk out of the room to see Chase waiting and we leave.

When we arrive at an apartment building we walk into the office and say "do you have any furnished 2 bed apartments." The guy nods and says "there is one on the ground floor, initial cost is $600 then each month $250 in rent." I smile and say "we will take it," before handing the cash to him. When he gives us the key we walk to the door before unlocking it.