Epilogue

Wendy Darling sat in her new room at her new home. She was about to go to sleep and trying not to think about the old house. That old place and all the adventures she had had.

Her mother opened Wendy's door and peeked her head through. "Are you going to sleep, Darling?"

Wendy turned her head and smiled, "Yes. I just have to unpack my blankets."

Her mother took a few steps to Wendy's bed and sat down beside her. "Are you okay, honey?"

Wendy shrugged. She wrapped her arms around her mother's waist and leaned against her chest. Mrs. Darling put her arm around Wendy's shoulder. "It's okay, my love. I know it's hard."

Wendy nodded, squeezed her arms and let go of Mrs. Darling. She scooted over to the side of her bed and stepped off. She walked over to the boxes on the other side of the room. She opened the box in the corner and pulled out a few blankets from the top. Mrs. Darling took the blankets from Wendy's hands and spread them across her bed.

Wendy lifted up one corner of the blanket and settled under it. Mrs. Darling leaned across the bed and kissed Wendy on the forehead.

"Goodnight, my Darling. I will see you in the morning." Mrs. Darling smiled softly and blew out the lamp before walking out of the room.

Wendy turned on her side and stared out the frost covered window.

Even though she was trying to forget her old home, a wave of nostalgia washed over her and a few tears escaped from her eyes.

As Wendy was about to fall asleep, she heard a large thump against her window. She immediately opened her eyes and jumped out of bed.

This could be it. Was all that was rushing around her head in the few exhilarating moments that lead up to opening the window, for she never once thought that Peter would abandon her, not once.

Her night gown billowed behind her when the cold air rushed through the room. A bright light, which must've been the thump, fell onto the floor.

The room was filled with a strange tinkling, which Wendy had almost forgotten.

Wendy bent down closer to the light and squinted her eyes. She gasped suddenly. "Tinkerbell?"

The tinkling stopped. The tiny fairy flew off the ground before Wendy could blink her eyes again.

Tinkerbell flitted around Wendy, inspecting every angle, she wondered if this was the Wendy-bird she had tried to shoot down all those years ago.

Then the fairy stopped at a point on Wendy's chest. Wendy glanced down.

They both spotted the giveaway at the same moment.

Peter's kiss.

A victorious shriek filled the silent air and Tinkerbell flew out the window.

Wendy raced after her, but she was too late. Her last chance is gone.

Wendy slowly closed the window, staring at a certain star the entire time. The star lit up as she locked the window. Wendy smiled the tiniest bit before going back to bed.

•.•

Wendy slept soundly as a strange boy and a bright light tried to open the window.

It was different from the window before, but the two were managing.

Just as the boy had almost lifted the lock, Tinkerbell slipped off the window ledge and hit the window, just like before.

Wendy immediately sat up in her bed and turned her head to the window.