Oliver

A few years back, I used to check in on this elder, he lived about less than a  mile from me. I'd walk and check on him daily, knowing he was getting closer to cross over to the other side. My days had became busier so I walked to check on him towards the evening, mostly after dark. On the way back home it was a foggy misty night. I had to walk near the edge of the road because I was barely visible to oncoming cars in this fog, you could see maybe three feet in front of you? I heard someone coming towards me, I thought who could be out and about in this thick fog. Out of respect I'll change his name to Oliver, he was looking for my elder friends place. I told him to stay close to the edge of the road and described his mailbox. I told Oliver my elder friend is still awake watching a movie, as I shook Oliver's hand I notice he was super cold. I remember telling Oliver to stay warm and have a nice visit. I thought it was very peculiar as quick as I met him on that foggy road he was gone I could no longer hear his footsteps, I just thought I must be tired and continued home. The next day I went to grab some groceries for my elderly friend so I went to drop them off during late afternoon. After I put them away, asked if he needed anything else, then I asked how his visit with Oliver went. My elderly friend told me not to come after dark because he wouldn't be answering the door after dark. I felt bad knowing I gave Oliver the directions to his house. My elderly friend said, it was no fault of mine. So I asked him again how his visit with Oliver was. He looked me right in the eyes and said "I didn't let Oliver in, he's been dead for years"
It took me a couple weeks to find "Oliver's" obituary, he had been deceased for over ten years.