o n e

"I am NOT goddamn insane! He follows me around!" Harry screams at Zayn. Louis sits beside him and chuckles.

"Louis has been dead for seven months. Get over it!"

"You asshole! Get out!" He fumes. Zayn scoffs, "GET OUT!" Harry screams again. When Zayn leaves the only sounds that can be heard are Harry's angry breathing and the slam of a door.

"He's just trying to help." Louis says to Harry. Tears fall from Harry's eyes.

"You shouldn't be here. Why are you here?" Harry huffs as he sits down. Louis always follows him around. Louis has followed Harry around since his funeral. Seven months ago.

"I don't know. Ask yourself that, HarBear." Then Louis is gone. Harry puts his head on the table and sobs. It's been hard since Louis died. Harry's friends comforted him, but they knew the truth about Louis. He was an asshole. Harry refused to see it, but his friends saw right through Louis.

<><>

Harry can't sleep, Louis keeps him awake. When Louis was alive he would pace the hallway at night. It bugged the hell out of Harry but he never said anything to Louis. He loved him too goddamned much to say anything. Louis paces now, and Harry can hear the footsteps, he isn't even sure if the sound is real.

Harry lies in bed, listening to Louis' steps, counting. Louis is at three hundred. He keeps pacing. Harry tries to sleep. He keeps counting.

At one thirty Louis is at two thousand. Harry finally falls asleep. He has nightmares. Nightmares of that night.

The screams. The pounding rain. The squealing metal.

It's his fault Louis is dead. Maybe that's why his ghost is haunting him.