Prologue

1916
[World War I]

...

Humming a soft song as he sat in peace in front of a pond near his village, lightly sighing in content while splashing his feet at the clear and shallow spring.

He was alone, he got used to it after a couple of years.

He dearly missed his parents who was at war fighting for their country, as much as he respects their decision to go, he still wished they didn't.

Groaning at himself for being too selfish though it wasn't his fault for being human.

Glancing up the sky that was barely shown through the towering height of the trees, he pulled out his legs from the spring and contemplated to whether he should head home now or explore the forest.

Deciding on the second option, the child skidded over to a direction he felt like he hadn't been before.

Hours had passed and seems that he was lost, he was surrounded by an eerie atmosphere that feels like he was being watched and the more he was lost in the forest, the more it seemed to be dead and how both the atmosphere and the fog thicken.

Mustering up every bit of courge he had, he kept walking until he was met by a cliff that led to a pit.

The child was on the verge of tears because he was terrified of what lurks in the forest, mumbling a few prayers as he peaked at the over at the cliff.

Wishing that he didn't as a strong wind blew his way and pushed him off, his body falling and eventually hit bottom making blood splatter all over due to the impact.

The sudden event was unheard in the vast forest but somehow it feels like voices can be heard among the shivers of the almost dead leaves of the trees

...

A/N:
That gave me goosebumps just by writing it T^T

For those who were expecting KashiTsuki, don't worry because after I'm done with this book, I'll be posting Book II.

Tell me what you think so far :3