-21-

Tessa Clash-Perada
2:51 P.M.
1 week later...

I walked around the mall with Quinton and Quinn (Amara and Quinton's two year old baby). Quinton decided to have a daddy daughter day with us.

"You still haven't made friends at school yet?" Quinton asked as we looked at baby shoes for Quinn.

"I don't need friends, I have Bri and Kaleb," I said before he shook his head.

"Your cousin and your boyfriend can't be your friends," Quinton said.

"Yes they can. Hint, boy... friend," I said before he chuckled.

"Okay and what happens when y'all break up?" He asked before I shrugged.

"I guess I'll have Bri then. And you say that as if friends can't leave too. I was best friends with Valentina and she got jealous on my birthday. I haven't spoken to that bitch since," I said. "I'm better off hanging with Kaleb and Bri."

"You don't hang with Bri, you live with Bri," Quinton chuckled before I rolled my eyes.

"Okay and you live with Willa and nobody talks to her unless you need her to do something," I said.

"That's not true, Amara talks to Willa," Quinton said.

"Amara is only one person out of the... eight other people that live there," I said.

"I don't have anything to talk about. Me and Willa never really got along anyway," Quinton said before I furrowed my eyebrows.

"Why?" I asked.

"When she was pregnant with Cece and told us it was Caesar's-"

"Huh?" I said.

"We named Caesar after my brother," Quinton said before I remembered. "But yeah," he started as we walked out of the store. "When she came to me tellin' me she was pregnant I was positive that it wasn't Caesar's. Amara and her started to have some type of friendship so she talked me into letting her stay with us," Quinton shrugged.

"Uh... still waiting for the part where you like suddenly realized it was his baby-"

"Well stop waitin'. I still don't know," he said.

"Really?! Was she his girlfriend?" I asked.

"Yeah," he replied causing me to look at him like he was crazy. "What?"

"Why are you so certain it's not his?" I asked.

"Because Caesar was smarter than that. Shit he's the one who told me to wrap it up, I obviously didn't listen but that was his thing. He didn't believe in teen pregnancy and shit. He would rather die than bring a child into this world without knowing for certain that it would be well cared for," he said.

"I mean... he did die," I said before Quinton glared at me. "Sorry... I mean maybe people make mistakes Quinton. Maybe people do things they never thought they would-"

"You sound like Amara," he said as if it was distasteful.

"I mean that's the truth. I bet you didn't think you would marry your step sister and have four kids but you did," I said.

"That was always the plan," he shrugged before I looked at him like he was crazy. "I know that sounds kind of nasty but I didn't really care all that much that she was my step sister. I always expected that Lynn and my dad would get a divorce and I was gonna wait till then but they were taking too long," he said.

I shook my head before we went into the food court. We ordered some chic fil a before going to sit down.

"People don't make mistakes," Quinton said.

"Yes they do-"

"No they don't," Quinton said.

"So you intentionally got Amara pregnant while y'all were on the run?" I asked.

"I mean I knew what was gonna happen when I nutted up in her and in that moment I didn't really give a fuck. When you make a baby that shit ain't no fuckin' accident or mistake unless it was made off precum," he said and despite the uncomfortable look I was giving him he kept going. "When you came in that pussy you know you was in the head space of I want this bitch to have my kids."

"Okay, I get it," I said before he shrugged.

"I'm sorry am I makin' you uncomfortable?" He asked sarcastically.

"Yes," I replied.

"Well if you can't talk about it you shouldn't be doin' it so I hope you keepin' yo legs closed," he said before feeding Quinn a piece of his fry. "You are right?" He asked looking at me.

"Yes," I replied before avoiding his gaze.

"Better be, cause y'all not fuckin' in my house," he said. "And if I find out you did I'm lightin' Yo bed on fire, think I'm playin'," he said before licking the honey mustard off of his fingers.

When I thought of Quinton I thought of him as more of an older brother only because of the small age gap. He was only nine to ten years older than me. Although he still was a father role model. One of the best ones I've had by far but I wouldn't tell him that just to feed his ego. I'll probably save that for a day he's feeling down.