Eaglestar's death

Eaglestar stood in front of the clan cats, dawn is coming, she glared at the ShadowStalkers at the enemy line, and waited for the sun to be completely in sight.

This is her last chance, her last chance to make this right. She had to correct that mistake, that word that had just slipped out of her mouth, moons ago, which created a hate, to the clan cats. She had to correct it, she had to kill her best friend, she had to end this, now.

She looked at Blood Skull, the same eyes, but a different cat, he is not the kind, gentle cat anymore, but a bloodthirsty murderer. She MUST kill him, even if this costs her life. She has to stop him from hurting her loved ones again.

Sunlight spilled into the land, Eaglestar lifted her head, and turned to the clan cats, they are ready. The Stalkers dropped into a battle crouch, Eaglestar turned.

“Warriors, ATTACK!” with her battle yowl, the cats launched into battle, she ducked down below two lunging stalkers, her eyes on Blood Skull. She turned, crouched and pounced onto the grey tom, slashing his flank, then bit into his neck.

She doesn't care how many cats she killed, she just need, no, MUST, kill Blood Skull.

Blood Skull's black, scarred pelt came closer to sight, she leaped in front of him, glaring into his blood red eyes.

“Well, well, well,” Blood Skull snapped, “Look who's here... The traitor.”

“Blood Skull,” Eaglestar hissed, circling the bloodthirsty tom, “do whatever you want to me, but spare my warriors.”

“Spare your warriors? Tell me, Eaglestar. Since when did you ever cared about other cats?" Blood Skull glared, “The day you betrayed me... I'm going to make you filthy clan cats pay.” he snapped. Then he lunged at Eaglestar, aiming at her neck, she ducked and swished, clawing open his belly. Eaglestar leaped and landed in her four paws, she watched as Blood Skull stumbled, and regaining his balance.

“Don't get so happy yet, Eaglestar,” Blood Skull sneered, “That's just my little warm up.”

He lunged at her again, claws unsheathed, blood streaming out from his wound on his belly. Eaglestar dodged, but Blood Skull was well planned. He landed behind Eaglestar, and leaped- straight onto her back. Eaglestar was knocked off balance, and Blood Skull slashed at her neck.

“Who is the fluffball now?” Blood Skull hissed into her ear.

Eaglestar lunged at him, and bit straight into his neck. Blood Skull's eyes widened, and staggered backwards. He lost his balance, and fell.

With a yowl of grieve, Eaglestar stepped away and stared at her ex-best friend's body. She turned and help her clanmates, but a sudden pain struck her. She fell down, surprised, she saw Blood Skull's wounded face looking down proudly at her. Then she saw two faint shadows snuck up behind Blood Skull, one of them pounced and pinned him down and the other one bit into his neck.

Eaglestar recognized her two sisters as they were confirming that Blood Skull is dead.

“NO!" Hollyberry and Owlshine yowled as they noticed Eaglestar's injured body.

“F-find them.” Eaglestar breathed, Owlshine blinked back her tears as she reached a nearby warrior and ask her to gather her family.

She stared at Hollyberry, her eyes were unfocused.
“I'm so sorry...”Eaglestar breathed, “I
s-should have killed that jerk myself...”
“S-save your strength,” Hollyberry choked, tears streamed her cheeks.

“The battle has been won!” a loud female voice rang, Eaglestar recognized Springstar voice, she smiled weakly as she heard the Stalkers fled the scene.

She heard more cats approaching, and saw Sparkshadow, Echostorm, Whitewolf, Blackspider and Violetspark looking at her with shock, Sparkshadow leapt forward, he stared at her and froze with misery.

“S-skywing!" He yowled hopelessly, “SOMEBODY FETCH ME A MEDICINE CAT!!!"

“Hush,” Eaglestar looked at her mate softly, “T-there's nothing you can do... Thank you for everything.”

Skywing approached the scene, and watched in shock as she saw Eaglestar on the forest floor.

“Hey,” Eaglestar teased, “Got any extra catnip?"

Skywing blinked back her tears, and gave her a faint smile, “You can get every single catnip you want when your at StarClan, you silly cat.”

Eaglestar blinked at Hollyberry, “They are at your paws now, Hollystar.”
She gave out a big sigh, and let the darkness carry her away.