Chapter 1: Change

Edited:02

THIS IS AN OLD VERSION, IF YOU WANT TO READ THE REMAKE, JUMP TO JUST SAY THREE WORDS.

"The world would never accept us Yashiro."

A boy says as he stood at the edge of the rooftop. His eyes were darkened but his smile was seen, Yashiro trembled, his smile making her stiff, unable to move.

"Ne, Yashiro, don't ever follow me."

He says, smiling more eerily.

"Can you promise me that?"

Yashiro's mouth shook, not knowing what to say, but the boy only smiled showing no fear of what he's going to do.

Tears were already flowing in Yashiro's eyes, even though she had no idea why.

"I promise, Ama-"

Yashiro woke up with tears in her eyes, it was the same dream over and over again but she would always wake up by the time she says his name. She sighed wiping her tears with the sleeves of her sleepwear, it was already five in the morning she might as well wake up.

She ate her breakfast and dressed up, saying goodbye to the nonexistent people in her house. Walking to school had always been the same everyday, she had no one to go to school with or even a ride on her way to school, she had none of those but her face was always wearing a smile that could fool people.

It was a way of saying that she was fine, a way to hide her loneliness, besides she would soon meet Aoi who had been her best friend since middle school. Aoi had protected her from being harassed by other students and she was grateful for that, that sometimes she would tell Aoi that if she were uncomfortable with her, she could leave her alone but she always responds with a "You're my best friend, Nene-chan! I won't ever leave you!" whilst smiling happily at her.

But every time Aoi says that, She still feels a little bit empty like someone already said the same thing to her back then, Yashiro couldn't remember though.

"Daisuki dayo, Yashiro." The boy says, a light blush shown in his face as the cherry blossoms leaves fall with the wind.

"Wh-what?" Yashiro blurted out as he looked at him a huge blush covered her shocked face.

Yashiro blinked, snapping back to reality as she sees her friend Aoi waving at her.

"Nene-chan! How was your weekend?" Aoi says as Yashiro approached the school entrance.

Yashiro smiled, "It was boring, I couldn't do anything else but cooking."

"Did you do your homework though?" Aoi asked, twirling her hair as they walked.

"Wait. We had homework?" Yashiro stopped, color draining from her face as she realized what she had done.

"Huh? Don't tell me you forgot."

"I still have time, you go on ahead Ao-chan, I'll catch up with you." Yashiro shouted, running towards the library.