I - Never Ruin-ed

"So its true then, LV stands for..."

"Level of Violence, yes..." Ignis listened in astonishment as Toriel began to explain the rules of the Underground, rules that had been all but lost to the Lucian empire for over a millennia. He had no clue of this worlds existence, to find monsters who are capable of human emotion.

And from what he heard from her, there was an entire population of them underground. "Fascinating, and your saying the entire populace remained down here for thousand of years..."

"Sadly, yes... But I'm surprised humanity has forgotten about us, I cannot recall how long ago it must've been since the war..." Toriel grimaced as sad memories began flooding back into her mind, looking forward as they continued onwards through the ruins.

That was the thing Ignis had caught, a great war had occurred between humans and monsters. Such an event should've been in the archives of Lucian history, yet there was none of the sort.

Only of the daemons, creatures of the starscourge one certain individual was cursed with. The goat lady watched as Ignis frowned at the bad memory, resting his had on his facial scar as they walked. "Mr Scientia... I'd like to ask, what was your purpose coming down here?"

Ignis turned back, adjusting his glasses before explaining "Exploration, I had been travelling far and wide to the uncharted lands of Eos in search for resources..."

"Eos?" Toriel turned back to Ignis with the mention of their country, looking a bit confused as Ignis mirrored her in expression soon after.

"You don't know of Eos? It's the name of the planet." Ignis reached into his pocket, rummaging through in hopes to find what he was looking for. Toriel looked on as the retainer finally found a folded piece of paper, handing it to the former-queen.

As she scoped the country, Toriel realised something was off. "I can't believe the Earth has changed so much..."

"Earth?" Now it was Ignis' turn to be confused, as Toriel lightly chuckled at his expression before explaining.

"Back when Monsters lived up above on the surface, humanity referred to the planet as Earth. I'm honestly unsure of why they would change the name, after all it took decades to decide..." Now this really piqued Ignis' interested, even he knew that Earth wasn't a known name for the planet.

The hand of the king wasn't sure of what to make of it, two different races with their own records of history. It just didn't add up, as soon afterwards they had both reached another one of the caretakers puzzles.

Ignis watched as the guardian walked on top of big white buttons on the corner before pushing one on the wall. A clicking sound could be heard, as the purple wall beside her soon opened up. "A hidden passageway?"

"It's the only way through~" She beamed with excitement as the two continued their little walk through the ruins, coming across many more puzzles along the way.
Most of which Toriel solved by herself, with a few simple ones being handed over to the loyal retainer.

One in particular nearly cost him his life, as after flipping a switch the ground broke beneath him. Ignis managed to grab the switch, holding on as he pulled himself up before forgiving a very apologetic Toriel.

The ruins itself was a sight to behold, as the rich environment had beautiful shades of purple all over the area. Heading into one of the next rooms, orange leaves laid across the rocky floor as Toriel began to explain this puzzles functions.

"If you walk too far from the written path on the wall, you'll fall and injure yourself." Ignis, not taking any chances, decided to follow her orders as he made his way through.