Chapter one

(Hello everyone!

Sorry that I deleted the chapters, it was because I tried to split the chapters up as it is really long, but it only resulted in the chapters messing up and the story making no sense at all. So I've uploaded it again but unfortunately the chapters (up to 4 chapters) have been put in to chapter one. However, this won't be for all of the story. The other chapters will be shorter. So I hope you enjoy the book as I'm writing it and please, please leave feedback/votes, but most of all, thank you so much if you are taking your time to read this! Let me know in your comments section if you want me to check out yours. Okie dokie, enjoy!

---------------------------------------------------------I take a deep breath as I prepare to go down stairs to speak to my mother about a subject that has never been spoken about.

I walk down the twisted stair case and cross the marble floor in to the kitchen, where I find my mother sat at the head of the long, wooden table, drinking her coffee.

I decide to sit on the seat next to her.

"Good morning Elena" My mother greets me, eyeing my cassual outfit of leggings and a vest top, and clearly not liking it, due to her disgusted look on her face.

"Morning mother" I say taking a seat.

"Elena, what are you doing in those horrid clothes?" She looks down on me.

"It's just to hang around the house in Mother" I say pouring myself an orange juice with a glass and jug already set on the table.

"Oh darling, that's no excuse to dress like a tramp" she laughs at me.

ouch.

As much as I want to call her out on that comment, I decide to laugh along as I need her to stay in a good, well as good as she can be, mood so I have a chance of her agreeing to what I'm about to ask her.

"Yeah, I suppose you're right" I smile.

"I'll change after breakfast. But first, there's something I want to talk to you about" I say biting my lip and being too cowardly to look her in the eye.

"Oh yes? And what would that be?" She says as she takes a sip of her coffee, showing her fresh manicured nails.

"I know you're not going to like this, but it means so much to me, so please just listen me out... Mother" I say nervously.

"Elena, do get on with it" My mother says whilst flicking her chesnut brown curls behind her shoulder.

"Well, I received an email... Inviting me to visit him. He wants a fresh start. For us to get to know eachother properly-" I say, knowing I don't make much sense but if I possibly say the word 'dad' she will totally cut me off and not let me speak another word.

"Who Elena?" My mother pulls together her drawn on eyebrows in confussion.

"...My dad" I say, timidly.

As soon as those words leave my mouth I hear a small gasp leave my mothers light pink lips whilst she scrunches her perfectly powdered nose. Her long black eye lashes widen to expose her light blue eyes that are now turning to a stormy dark blue.

She stands up straight from the table; hovering above me. The chair behind her.

"Elena Marie Gilbert, I have never been so dissapointed in you. Are you trying to ask me to see a man that walked out on his family, when we had no money, soon to be homeless, and well, absolutely nothing to our name? How dare you even think that I would let you develop a relationship with such scum! That man is not your father! He lost that position when he left us all on our own, with nothing! Don't dare try and talk to me about this again! You're not to have contact with him!" My mother is now shouting but soon tries to pull herself together.