Punishment

There wasn't much of a plan involved, not really. Mostly it started with the gentle, hidden probing of his mind, gathering little whispers of information to see if he was interested at all, if he'd even entertain the possibility. Which, as it turned out, was harder than it seemed.

Despite the fact that your new official position- that is to say, following Kylo around for most of the day- you had little direct contact with the General. You had pointed out that it would be a little odd if you lingered around Hux when you were not needed, and it would be best to skim his mind from afar. When you did see him, however, he looked at you with a new expression, new series of thoughts- he was no longer your superior, he'd lost an asset he'd wanted for his ship, and more importantly, you represented a failure of his government's system. And yet, you were a curiosity to him. Not that he let that subconscious flit of emotion pass by unchecked.

During his shifts he was impeccably, frustratingly professional; regulating his thoughts to only about the Order in the most mundane way. Even in his off-duty hours he kept a close eye on his thoughts, never letting them drift too far out of the realm of respectability. In two days time, there was only two trains of thought- both quickly derailed- that brought about any proof of what you were looking for.

It was with this in mind that you had set the scene. A quick message to Hux's datapad with the request that he visit after his shift was all it took. For all intents and purposes you no longer worked under him, but it was hard to not think of him as your boss. Which just made this entire scenario that much harder to work with. It only took a little preparation to slip into Hux's quarters and retrieve the riding crop that was an official- if outdated- part of his uniform.

You waited for him in the sitting room- the entire plan was dependent on your ability to convince Hux to agree. You weren't real sure you could. Even with Kylo's mind sitting on your shoulder- giving you little ripples of confidence and guidance, little notes on how Hux would probably react- it was still dependent on you. Use your anxiety, allow it to guide you.

You felt him at the door before he knocked, but waited for his knuckles to rap on the metal anyway. Didn't want to appear overeager to draw him inside, you supposed. With the Force you unlocked and opened the door- and waited for him to enter. He held his hands behind his back as he appeared before you, glancing around the room, taking note of Kylo's quarters. From his emotional response he was irritated for being called with no particular topic in mind, but between his professionalism and growing curiosity about your exact status and skills, he could not dare say no.

You had settled on the far side of the little couch, dressed down to a black undersuit. You motioned him over and reminded yourself, settling your nerves: you answer only to Kylo (and the Supreme Leader). Hux is no longer your superior officer. You were no longer in the same chain of command. You worked with him, not under him. You were in control.

Hux retained his stiff posture, hands still folded behind him, face annoyingly well-guarded as he approached the couch, still standing. "Yes?"

You motioned again towards the far side of the couch, "Sit, General. There's something we should discuss."

He eyed you warily, trying to judge your intent. It was odd, you realized, that he couldn't simply tell you were being sincere. Then again, he couldn't read your emotional response as you could his. You clarified, "It concerns Kylo Ren. And your coat."

Hux's face soured, but you felt it: the well-suppressed tendril of desire sliding through him. He knew exactly what you had done to his greatcoat (and hat, and desk). His office was thick with the musk of sex for a week, never mind that he had to have his uniform laundered twice before he could bare to wear it. "What about my coat? Plan on soiling it with Ren again, or something more insidious?"