Chapter 18

The next day Diamond was off from work so she decided to get some cleaning done. Suddenly, she gets a knock on the door. She walks through the door and looks through the peek hole. It was Kendrick. She stood there for a moment and he knocked again. She finally opened it.

"You sure Kennedy would mind you being here?", she asked.

"Don't do that. You know I don't fuck with that girl. I think we need to talk", he said.

"It's been two weeks Kendrick. It's nothing to talk about unless it's the fact that we're done", She said.

"But i don't wanna be done", he said.

"What? The single life hasn't been treating you good so far?", she asked.

"That's the thing. I don't wanna be single. I wanna be with you", he said.

Diamond shook her head.

"Diamond I- I love you iight", Kendrick said.

Diamond looks down. "You don't. You can barely say it", she said.

"Because I never said it before", he said. "And that should tell you something"

Diamond looks at him. "You think telling me that is suppose to make me just jump into your arms again?"

"No...but at least you know how I feel about you", he said.

"...but I can't trust you", she said. "I just can't"

"Diamond you've lied in the relationship too", he said.

"...the abortion one I should've told you about", she said. "I do apologize for that"

"It's okay. I just wish you would've told me", he said. "Instead of me finding out"

"...but that may have been bad but...it shouldn't beat the things you've done", she said.

"Yet all of the stuff happened fresh into the relationship", he said. "I've changed a lot and I think you can give me credit for that" he said with a smile.

Diamond didn't say anything.

"I really miss you and what I said that night... I didn't mean it. Yes things started out all fun and games but the more I spent time with you I actually liked you and developed these feelings for you that I never felt before", he said. "The only time I took money from a bet was when I first got with you cause Dante thought I couldn't pull you but after that I was all for you"

"... so...when we had sex", she said but got interrupted.

"You actually started that", he said. "I just asked for a kiss"

"But was it a bet?", she asked.

"Yes", he said. "But i didn't take the money because I didn't want it. I realized you were more than just a game", he said.

Diamond looks to the side and folds her arms.

"Diamond, I know I'm probably like on my 100th "will you forgive me", but can you?", he asked. "I haven't talk to you for two weeks because well I was scared of your response"

Diamond looks at him. "Kendrick I forgive you ok. I get it we were both angry and said things we shouldn't have... things we didn't mean"

"Thank you", he said. "And about the job shit, I shouldn't have did that"

"But I'm seeing a lot of red flags and usually I would run", she said. "But...Kelly told me something that I was surprised she'd even say and I know if she said it then it has to be true"