قابوس بن سعيد

Since the beginning of his reign, the Sultanate of Oman started with the commercial export of oil, which was discovered in commercial quantities in 1968 and the country witnessed an economic recovery with the beginning of his rule. He divided his political program into national development projects for every five years, which he called five-year plans. In 1975 he destroyed the socialist revolution in the Dhofar Governorate, which lasted for ten years.  Sultan Qaboos is the vector of the country from traditional tribal rule to democratic systemic rule. He established the State’s Consultative Council and after several years replaced it with the Shura Council, whose members represent all regions. It is an advisory board supervised by a higher executive body known as the Oman Council.

External

The most important achievements of Sultan Qaboos is summarized in the fact that he established a government over the democratic system, so he began to form an executive authority composed of an administrative body that includes the Council of Ministers and various ministries, in addition to the administrative and technical departments and specialized councils and one of the first ministries that Sultan Qaboos established after assuming the reins of government directly after the Ministry of Foreign Affairs.  He established it shortly after he assumed power in 1970, achieving links and connections with the outside world based on thoughtful foundations. One year after his assumption in 1970 AD, Oman joined the League of Arab States. Sultan Qaboos clarified the main lines of his foreign policy and stated that it was based on good neighborliness with his neighbors and brothers  And not to interfere in their internal affairs, to strengthen Oman's relations with them all, to establish friendly relations with other countries of the world, to stand with Arab and Islamic issues and to advocate in all fields, and he made clear that he believes in positive and neutral neutrality and has sent diplomatic missions representing Oman in most of the regions  The world, has also opened the doors of Oman to foreign missions and consulates established where embassies and international and regional bodies, has achieved the Sultan Qaboos policy stability and security are the pillars Alosasatan to build the Sultanate and to achieve economic and social development.