Chapter 1.

I need to tell you guys something. I hate alarm clocks. Especially on Mondays, Tuesdays, Wednesdays, Thursdays and Fridays. And today, it's Monday.

So my so-called alarm clock (I like to call it the Demon) wakes me up at 7:01. As I drag myself slooowly out of bed, I remember I did no homework yesterday. Nexflix, once again, won over it. Shit.

Look at the bright side though, I've finished the third season of The Walking Dead.

I slither over to my closet, and take out the usual leggings, tank top and sweatshirt. I'm going for dark grey leggings and a white hoodie. I slide on my fake Uggs and head downstairs to have breakfast.

I can already feel the happiness going on in that kitchen. Opening the door, I realize my assumptions are true. My mother is fondling over my younger brother, giving him little pieces of chocolate. Really? For breakfast?

"Thats not really healthy" I tell my mom. It comes out more snobby than I intended. I clear my throat.

My mother looks at me for the first time this morning. Her smiles is turned into a dull face as she answers.

"Why do you care? It's for Carl, not for you."

By this time I have already grabbed a toast, and I'm heading to the door.

"I dont care. But he is my brother and I care about what he eats".

Then I half-shut the door and go outside. Shit, its cold. I should have put on a jacket or something. But before I go up my drive, I swear I hear my mother whisper after me.

"No one said you were supposed to be his sister."

I kind of like know that by now. I'm 16, and ever since Carl was born, four years ago, and mom said "Oh! He looks just like his father" its like I dont exsist anymore. The worst thing is, is that its not my brothers fault. Its moms. Dad is never home, always working, so she spends all her time with Carl, cause he reminds her of him. Its so stupid. But Ive learnt to get used to it.

Dont get me wrong. I dont hate my dad at all, he is the most amazing person ever. He doesnt ignore me. That why I miss him as much as mom misses him. I just dont ignore my own child like she does, thats fvcking all.

I'm rethinking all this, as I do everyday, as I walk to my bus stop and wait for the bus. When it comes, I take my usual place in the fourth row, plug in my earphones, and wait for Jo to come.