Prologue

Patrick's point of view: This was a scene of endless darkness and borderless white desert. When this Armageddon finally ended, would any of them survive to embrace the dawn of a new day? No one knew. I found myself on the moon. I did a reality check and found out that I was in a dream. Or maybe it was a vision of the past. Suddenly I saw three figures. Kevin, Fu Hua, and Toriyama.

"Hua, time to get ready. According to MEI's calculation, SHE will come in just one hour." Said Kevin. "Roger. ... Kevin, I hope that humanity could move on, after everything that's about to happen today." Said Fu Hua. "They will. If you still have doubt, just look at the earth behind you." The girl turned around. The earth floats in the infinite universe, like an azure glass marble. The arm glow it emits seems to be resisting the darkness. I looked at the earth too. Looking at it felt like in episode 10 of "Ben 10: Alien Force" Where Professor Paradox showed Ben, Gwen, and Kevin, the earth's future on the moon.

"Every time I look up, I tremble for the darkness and coldness of the universe. But even so, I still have faith in it... Because the earth allowed our existence, and because the stars are still shining above us." Said Kevin. "What are people on earth doing at the moment? The girl wondered. Lamenting, weeping, or having the last revelry. Looking from the moon, all the disputes, hatred or happiness — anything ever happened on earth no longer matter. The only thing that matters is the future. If mankind could survive and prosper again, sufferings and strife would also come back. But what matters is the future.

"Kevin, I'm sorry... for my argument with Dr. MEI, and for what I've said to you." Said Fu Hua. "No need to apologize to the person who you'd trust your life with." Said Kevin. "Is that so... Then what should I say?" "A commitment, that if any of us could survive today, we must assume bigger responsibility. You remember MEI's plans, including Project Stigma, Project Ember, Project Ark, etc... Controversial as they are, they have sown the seeds of humanity's revival. If any of us could survive, we must take good care of these seeds for the reconstruction of civilization. Hua, Toriyama, I believe this is the hope of ending the Honkai forever. Before that day comes, there'll be unimaginable sacrifice. But humanity will never lose hope."

"What about you Toriyama?" "I will create my own Herrscher and Divine Keys for the future. Herrscher vs Herrscher. That is what humanity needs." Said Toriyama. "Say your prophecy Toriyama." Said Kevin.

"One day someone will find my gem core and become the Herrscher of me. Then this chosen one will seek my Divine Keys and meet me. My Herrscher will fight along side humanity to defeat the 14th Herrscher and to end the Honkai."